Administrative Services Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Services Assistant
Location: Student Affairs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605236
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
- This position will report to the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs and will receive additional direction from multiple directors of student success programs including but not limited to the following: Academic Success Centers, First Year Experience, Professional Development, Strategic Initiatives & Operations.
- The work hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday, with rare non-standard work hours.
- Only complete applications will be considered and must include the following: a resume, cover letter outlining interest in this position and how past experiences aligns with identified job duties, as well as 3 professional references.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
- Provide administrative staff support to multiple Student Affairs departments.
- Maintain a professional, customer-service focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist and coordinate data entry, documentation, reporting, and analysis involving student activity, student employment, course builds, professional development, revenue and/or expenditures as instructed.
- Extract and provide information using a variety of identifiable sources.
- Assemble and/or compile a variety of data from department records for incorporation into reports.
- Provide event planning support and event assistance when needed; events may be either in-person or virtual.
- Manage work orders, receive deliveries, follow up on outstanding work orders, track expenses, and process all necessary paperwork with other entities on campus.
- Monitor student accounts for missed tutoring sessions for the ASC.
- Track and reconcile operational budget expenses each month for multiple local and state budget accounts.
- Track payroll and student employee Federal Work Study balances twice a month.
- Provide administrative support for the Weekly Tutoring Program by maintaining several Excel databases.
- Monitor department email accounts, responding when necessary and forwarding inquiries to appropriate staff members.
- Maintain schedule of North ASC facilities; assist with room reservation/scheduling requests.
- Secure building keys, maintaining log of issued and received keys.
- Four years of increasingly responsible office/administrative experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with professional business and financial processes.
- Experience working in higher education with multiple program stakeholders, located in various offices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently.
- Ability the thrive in a fast-pace environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions with limited guidance.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to providing a supportive and welcoming environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
The budgeted salary amount is $31,320 - $39,150.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
March 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.