Part-Time, Hourly Special Programs Coordinator (CSM)
Job no: 495042
Work type: Temporary part time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Administrative - Clerical
Special Programs Coordinator (PT hourly) summary:
This position is responsible for providing support to the College of Science & Mathematics Dean’s office for diversity initiatives and undergraduate research activities. This position reports directly to the Vice Dean.
- Provides administrative support for diversity initiatives and undergraduate research activities sponsored by the College of Science & Mathematics Dean’s office or funded awards in these areas to the College of Science & Mathematics Dean’s office personnel.
- Assist the Vice Dean and associated team members on activities associated with the funded NSF ADVANCE Catalyst and NIH [email protected] grants including but not limited to surveys, participation records, organization of records, program alumni outreach, and application materials.
- Work with personnel in various units such as the College of Science & Mathematics, other colleges, the Provost's Office, ASA, HR, on data collection, compilation, and statistical analyses required for these grants and initiatives.
- Assist the Budget & Finance Coordinator with hiring and record keeping associated with the College of Science & Mathematics Summer Undergraduate Research Program and academic year undergraduate research.
- Assist with various events associated with College of Science & Mathematics-level funded grants and other initiatives focused on diversity and undergraduate research. Some of these events include, but are not limited to workshops, webinars, recruitment events, poster sessions, retreats, and picnics. This may include working with the College Assistant Dean, PR & Events Coordinator, and Budget & Finance Coordinator on marketing, communication with speakers and panelists, logistical support, travel arrangements, and preparation of paperwork for stipends, reimbursable travel, and honoraria.
- Prepare draft reports for dissemination, funding agencies, advisory committees, and presentations associated with these grants and initiatives.
- Compile information and resources for websites devoted to diversity initiatives and undergraduate research activities sponsored by the College of Science & Mathematics Dean’s office or funded awards to the College of Science & Mathematics Dean’s office personnel.
- Schedule and distribute agenda, meeting materials and minutes for team and stakeholder meetings. Responsible for taking meeting minutes.
- May be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of standard software platforms for word processing, spreadsheet development, PowerPoint presentations, scheduling and meeting software (polling, Outlook, Webex, and Zoom), and online databases and resources.
- Ability to communicate and interact in a cordial, professional manner with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and members of the public
- Proficiency in statistical analyses of a variety of different types of data or willingness and ability to learn.
- Capability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, be forward thinking, and adaptable to change.
- Ability to organize information and data, sometimes of a confidential nature.
- Ability to use correct English, to spell correctly, and to use correct sentence and paragraph structure.
- Ability to take minutes of meetings, conferences, and hearings and transcribe them into authoritative form.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree.
Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Feb 19 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 7 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time