Marketing Manager🔍Alumni Association, Stanford, California, United States📁Marketing📅Feb 18, 2021 Post Date📅88511 Requisition #Title: Marketing Manager
School Unit/Description: Stanford Alumni Association
Job Code: 4893
Stanford University is one of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Bay Area employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford’s future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community. The Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) exists to reach, serve, and engage all Stanford alumni and students. Through programming, services, and content we foster lifelong intellectual and emotional connections with the Stanford community and provide the University with goodwill and support. We deliver in-person and virtual events, stories and intellectual content, career services, travel, alumni news, an online alumni directory and support for hundreds of volunteer-led clubs, groups, and activities. Among our most beloved offerings are Stanford Reunion and STANFORD Magazine. The Stanford Alumni Association also believes that diversity and excellence go hand-in-hand and so hires individuals with a commitment to working effectively with colleagues and alumni from diverse backgrounds. Position Summary:
The Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) is looking for an Alumni Engagement Marketing Manager for our student programs and alumni events. In this role, you will:
- Play a lead role in developing and executing marketing programs that increase engagement and affinity with Stanford and the alumni community.
- Harness email, video, print, and social media to connect with students and alumni, inviting them to join their reunion, celebrate their commencement, meet with other alumni, hear from Stanford leadership, support other alumni, and recognize volunteers.
- Work with a talented group of program managers that produce wildly popular alumni events—online and in person.
As Alumni Engagement Marketing Manager, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will bring: Education & Experience:
- Apply a deep understanding of audiences to inform marketing and program plans
- Independently plan, project manage, and measure marketing campaigns
- Guide a creative team with well-constructed marketing briefs
- Test and optimize marketing channels including email, paid digital (mostly social), website, and print
- Collaborate on editorial content to increase awareness and interest
- Evaluate and analyze campaign results and constantly experiment to improve performance
- Manage engagement communications across the board through in-depth analysis to reduce opt outs and improve targeting
- Optimize systems and processes for campaign planning, development, launch, and tracking
- Coordinate activity across the rest of the marketing organization and program teams
- Stay current on trends in digital marketing to inform marketing strategy
- Deliver and be accountable for detailed budgets, plans, and timelines
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in digital marketing, print production, content creation and distribution, and thrive in a cross-functional environment. The ideal candidate will be creative, organized, and highly collaborative. Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Why Stanford is For You:
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing
- Experience with email marketing and marketing automation
- Proven experience in planning, delivering, and measuring marketing campaigns
- Ability to understand what motivates buyers and translate that into content and campaigns
- Capable of influencing cross-functionally and at all levels to deliver on business goals
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Track record of effectively prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Familiar with marketing tools; Salesforce, Google Analytics, Marketo or similar
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 88511
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University