Senior Project Manager
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, who is a member of the Senior Laboratory Leadership Directorate, the Senior Project Manager will engage with the implementation team, including the Functional Team Lead and Project Manager, Technical Team Lead and other business system analysts, IT associates, Department of Energy (DOE) and other key stakeholders, the ERP steering committee, the change control board, and our implementation partner. The Senior Project Manager will manage scope, resources, schedules, financials, and adhere to quality and control guidelines throughout the full system deployment life cycle. The technical scope of the project includes implementing modules to cover the following: General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Budget, Purchasing/Vendors, Assets, and Projects, as well as interfacing with other PPPL systems (i.e., Maximo, Concur), DOE systems (STARS), Princeton University systems (Prime) and other key components. This includes managing issues, risks, and project change requests - to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
Senior Project Manager
Job ID: 2020-12077
# of Openings: 1
Category: Project Management
PPPL is seeking a Senior Project Manager (TERM) who has successfully managed the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation project in the size and complexity of PPPL. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading teams to deliver a new business system implementation at PPPL, a Department of Energy National Laboratory.
Implement ERP system (100%)
- Lead and manage ERP implementation, from initial concept to completion; oversee full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery to include full implementation from initiation to deployment for every module within the project scope through demonstrated transition to operation.
- Participate in evaluating the proposal responses to the RFP and serve on the committee to select a competent vendor to deliver a system that meets PPPL’s requirements.
- Provide senior leadership expertise that ensures effective implementation of efficient business processes through practiced lean thinking, six sigma approach.
- Ability to bring lessons learned and best implementation practices from contemporary ERP implementations.
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solution will address requirements, while maintaining alignment with best practices.
- Identify and manage project risks and opportunities.
- Manage the Quality Assurance Program Description requirements including required design
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and meet project milestones.
- Develop the appropriate project documentation to support the successful implementation in accordance with DOE requirements (i.e., Acquisition Plan, Project Execution Plan, etc.) with assistance from Team Leads. Prepare cost and schedule estimate(s) and develop project plans for all phases of the project.
- Present status reporting (i.e., monthly financial expenditures, quarterly projections and resource utilization reports) to key stakeholders. Report on project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, test and development management activities, ensuring accurate and reliable communication, including performance issues, to internal stakeholders (Project and PPPL staff) and external stakeholders (PPPL Director, Princeton University, and DOE/FES).
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging project sponsors, key stakeholders, and project teams to establish creditability, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives. Liaise with Steering committees, Senior Laboratory Leadership, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer, Project Sponsor, DOE, and Technical Support partners.
- Manage all aspects of related systems to ensure the new ERP system integrates with related systems and meets PPPL’s requirements. Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
- Manage and direct procurements, subcontracts, services, and other financial obligations necessary for completion of the Project.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence. Be proactive, forward thinking and analytical;
- Manage: 1) the day-today project activities and resources and chair the project management team meetings; 2) project scope, risk management, communication and changes through the change management process; 3) process improvement initiatives, assessing current and future state solutions contributing to improving the success of the project; and 4) on-going Quality Control and participate in quality issue resolution.
- Lead post go-live support, supporting internal staff and the subcontractor to fix system bugs and/or configuration changes.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems or business specific field.
- Must have led 2-3 large ($15 million+) ERP implementation projects successfully, preferably with other federally funded research and development centers.
- 10+ years of Project Management of ERP Implementations, preferably in a federally funded research and development and/or National Laboratory environment or equivalent.
- Must have successfully completed ERP project in his/her portfolio.
- Experience with a cloud-based ERP deployment.
- PMP certified by the Project Management Institute preferred.
- Knowledge of federal cyber requirements (OMB, NIST, FedRAMP).
- Exceptional writing, organizational, time-management and planning skills.
- Ability to Communicate and present to Steering Committees, Directors, Project Sponsors and Strategic partners.
- Ability to lead/drive project team.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills include the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Excellent leadership communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong functional and technical knowledge.