Director, Outreach🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Feb 19, 2021 Post Date📅88518 Requisition #Stanford Graduate School of BusinessResiding in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world. The Assistant Dean and Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid seeks a Director of Outreach. In this role, you will have the opportunity to both develop and execute strategy in a renowned academic institution. You will envision how to best attract the next generation of world class leaders to the Stanford GSB MBA program. You will oversee three team members and collaborate with others across the office to deliver high impact programming to a global audience of over 20,000 prospective applicants annually, both online and in-person, when health and safety permits. In addition, you will represent Stanford GSB at events throughout the world interacting with prospects, alumni, and major employers and universities.You will design new approaches to attract new talent to the GSB and conduct analyses to assess the effectiveness of our outreach efforts. You will develop and oversee programs to attract more diverse candidates to the GSB and build partnerships with faculty, alumni, students and external organizations who can strengthen and support our efforts. As an Admissions Officer, you will conduct information sessions on campus and across the globe to recruit prospective candidates. You also will evaluate applications as part of the admissions committee, and help enroll those students who are admitted. Your ability to build and cultivate relationships, handle difficult situations with diplomacy, and maintain the strictest confidentiality are essential. Are you a high achieving professional, with exemplary stamina for delivering sustained change, and deep commitment to helping others further their capabilities? Then this position may be the right fit for you.Your primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and implementation of global outreach to attract high potential leaders to Stanford’s MBA Program.
- Enhance the diversity of the class through increasing our effectiveness in attracting, admitting and enrolling students with diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of outreach efforts.
- Make hiring decisions, provide coaching and mentoring, and manage staff performance.
- Represent school regularly at events throughout the world interacting with prospects, alumni, and major employers and universities.
- Evaluate applications and interview applicants.
- Identify, clarify, and resolve complex issues with university-wide impact, which may span multiple areas and require discretion and judgment.
- Represent school/department programs and initiatives at senior-level meetings, conferences, and
- Partner with technical and department staff to develop technology infrastructure, which delivers enhanced student and staff experience, operational efficiency, and analytics.
- Identify, manage relationships, and negotiate with external and internal partners. Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience.Demonstrated experience managing projects, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting. Advanced oral and written communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences and all levels of management. Strong analytical skills to review and assess complex qualitative and quantitative information. Strong leadership and strategic skills. Demonstrated success in managing people. Demonstrated ability to respect and encourage diverse perspectives.Understanding of underlying technological needs and requirements. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively. User knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Advanced degree; MBA preferred.Functional experience in recruitment, talent assessment, training, or admissions desirable.Industry experience in admissions, human resources, or higher education beneficial.Demonstrated evidence of managing complex projects to completion with performance risk.Ability to work evenings or weekends occasionally and ability to travel.
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4123
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 88518