Research Data Analyst 1
Research Data Analyst 1🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Information Analytics📅Feb 19, 2021 Post Date📅88516 Requisition #Stanford University, School of Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative MedicineThe Newman lab (https://newmanlab.stanford.edu) is a team of biologists, computer scientists, and computational biologists working to develop new data science approaches that help address key challenges in cancer biology, with a focus on understanding the cellular hierarchies and stromal elements that underlie tumor initiation, progression, and metastasis.We are seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, under the direction of project researchers, investigators or managers.Duties include:
- Collect, manage and clean datasets.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation.
- Analyze data processes in documentation.
- Collaborate with faculty and research staff on data collection and analysis methods.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or Other Health Sciences related field preferred.
- Three to five years of computational biology experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and technical); ability to communicate technical information to all audiences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Experience with systems management like LINUX and UNIX.
- Demonstrated proficiency with programming languages such as R or Python.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced and highly team environment.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Experience collaborating under minimal supervision in a team environment on data-related issues for clinical studies.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Detail oriented with ability to execute complex protocols.
- Proficient at multitasking.
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4751
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 88516