Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Accounting Coordinator, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintains policies and procedures for the area of specialty and design and delivery of various specialized projects.
- Maintains general ledger, monthly journal entries generated within the Controller's Office and from various departments within the organization.
- Prepares and assemble work papers, schedules and accounting summaries on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Assists with preparing monthly financial statements, related monthly information, and participates in year-end audit.
- Exercises proficiency in GASB and GAAP Accounting Standards.
- Responsible for several reconciliations for Balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Preparation of monthly analysis surrounding relevant accounts.
- Represents the department and the University in appropriate departmental, SUS or State Committee’s.
- Coordinates, develops, implements and interprets operating procedures surrounding financial accounting and reporting.
Experience with State University Systems preferred.
Experience with university accounting and research administration preferred.
Experience with Workday financial management system preferred.Salary:$65,000College or Department:Financial AffairsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Occasional evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.Application Deadline: 2021-03-04-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.