Director of Spend Management
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Director of Spend Management, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Director of Spend Management is responsible for collecting, collating, maintaining, categorizing, and evaluating spend data to reduce procurement costs, improve efficiency, monitor, and control workflows, and regulate compliance. The Director will sustain strong ties with the community and will develop and maintain relationships both within the division and externally. The Director must educate, train and coach internal and external users within the organization for greater degree of efficiency as well as institute training curriculum and material and communication. The Director of Spend Management will directly oversee the Settlement team and be responsible for systematic organizational change while focused on technology and analytics. Additionally, the Director of Spend Management will be responsible for the following:
- Analyzing University spend and identifying opportunities for minimizing costs.
- Cultivating and leveraging supplier relationships to benefit University operations.
- Providing high quality reporting and analytics to highlight trends and areas of opportunity for spend management.
- Supporting the University’s initiatives to identify strategic partnerships.
- Governing procure-to-pay workflows to maintain and create additional efficiencies, ensure appropriate audit control and separation of duties, and efficient procurement activities across the University.
- Testing and implementing new Workday enhancements.
- Leading implementation and operate maintenance and management of SCOUT – Workday’s own robust Strategic Sourcing engine.
- SCOUT eliminates the need for the current third-party system (Sci-Quest/Jagger) and allows Procurement to easily analyze bids per line item, by volume and by baseline price.
- SCOUT provides for a central contact repository and workflow control for contract approvals visibility from end-to-end.
- SCOUT allows for seamless supplier setup, onboarding and ties in with the Supplier Portal we currently have in place through Workday.
- Providing Accounting support in:
- Managing community commitments and obligations, prepaids, troubleshooting, and ensuring accurate reporting of Budget vs actuals.
- Year-end accruals, reconciliations, and act as a liaison for the community on an ongoing basis.
- Developing and maintaining customized reports in Workday as needed.
Master’s degree is preferred.
Must have experience in business process improvements, project management and change management with a strong aptitude for problem solving.
Proficiency in Workday experience required.
Proficiency in SCOUT experience required
Prior procurement experience requiredSalary:$105,000College or Department:Financial AffairsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Occasional evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.Application Deadline: 2021-02-28-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.