Administrative Professional Sr.
Job Title: Administrative Professional Sr.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222868
Job Summary Provide high level, specialized administrative services within a campus unit, usually in direct support of unit management. Position usually encompasses organization of office services within area including coordinating calendars, meetings and events, budget administration, procurement and report preparation. May provide work coordination and supervision to lower level administrative personnel within the unit. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management and staff, vendors and office visitors. This position typically will advise and counsel: administrative staff. This position may supervise lower level administrative staff.
- Prepare and manage department budget; generate associated reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Coordinate Payroll and HR related functions (time-keeping, PSFs, paperwork processing, etc.)
- Coordinate unit purchasing process; track and manage purchasing activities
- Originate and process correspondence, reports and other documentation
- Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports; develop and maintain databases and records management systems
- Plan meetings and other events to include scheduling, reservations, arrangements, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for unit staff management and staff as directed
- Review and resolve complex administrative related questions and issues; recommend new or revised unit administrative procedures Provide training and ongoing work guidance (may include supervision) to administrative staff members as required
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
High school diploma, GED Certificate or Vocational School Diploma
Six to eight years of job related experienceKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities SKILLS
This job requires advanced skills in general office administration to include budget administration, unit level procurement processing, document production and management, records management, event management, problem solving and office organization. Skill in use of advanced office and financial related computer applications is required.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.