University of Colorado Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy Program InstructorPosition 00781589 – Requisition 20224The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America’s most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, The metropolitan area affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Moreover, the state of Colorado offers ample outdoor activities through its 42 state parks, 8 mountain ranges, and 7 national forests.The University of Colorado School of Medicine Physical Therapy Program in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is home to three educational programs: the Physical Therapy Program, Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency Program, and PhD Program in Rehabilitation Science. The CU Physical Therapy Program was most recently was ranked within the Top 15 accredited physical therapy programs in the United States by the U.S. News and World Report and is one of the first 25 educational programs still in existence in the United States. Additionally, our clinical and research partners include the Rocky Mountain Regional Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Hospital, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Craig Hospital, and Colorado Clinical & Translational Sciences Institute.Job Summary:
This position is a full-time 20-month faculty appointment with teaching, scholarship, clinical and service responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program in the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado, as well as accreditation standards set forth by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE). The qualified individual will demonstrate experience in teaching and have a commitment to the Faculty Residency program for developing future core faculty for physical therapist education. The individual will need to be selected and offered admission following an application process through RF-PTCAS specific to the Faculty Residency. Examples of Work Performed
Salary and Benefits:
- Teach and assist within courses in the DPT curriculum, including foundational courses, patient management track courses, and in the courses as assigned
- Coordinate lab sessions or specific experiences under the direction of the course coordinator
- Participate in Program development, curriculum implementation, student assessment, and accreditation processes
- Participate in academic program meetings, program committees, institutional governance, and/or community service activities as appropriate to the mission of the University of Colorado, the DPT Program and the Faculty Residency
- Select, plan, organize, and implement learning experiences in assigned courses that assist students to meet course and Program outcomes
- Facilitate quality learning experiences for students during didactic education that integrate with clinical experiences and concurrent courses in the curriculum
- Contribute to student assessment in specific courses, clinical education, and in the CAPE
- Provide individual perspectives and clinical experiences within courses
- Actively participate in the Teaching Scholars Program in the SOM and in other faculty development opportunities on the Anschutz Medical Campus
- Actively participate in scholarly activity and assigned projects as required by the Faculty Residency to fulfill ABPTRFE’s Description of Residency Practice
- Maintain clinical involvement and knowledge associated with an area of clinical expertise
- Engage in experiences with faculty advising, program events, and students services as assigned throughout the Faculty Residency
.The hiring salary is $53,760 - $65,292. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree
- A current PT license in the State of Colorado or eligibility for licensure in Colorado
- Current membership in the APTA
- Documented experience teaching in an accredited PT or PTA program, or a program in candidacy status. These teaching experiences need to include delivery of didactic content and/or lab assistance.
- Desire to transition into an academic role or develop as a novice academician.
- Experience with Canvas as LMS, including grading, video integration, discussion board, etc.
- Commitment to teaching excellence with evidence of at least 4 separate teaching experiences in an accredited PT or PTA program, or a program in candidacy status. These teaching experiences need to include delivery of didactic content and lab assistance within at least 2 courses.
- Experience with Zoom meetings, including breakout rooms, chat, polling, etc.
- Exhibit leadership qualities, effective communication skills and evidence of motivation, accountability and self-directed behavior.
- Display strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience and/or interest in conducting education research
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Flexibility due to involvement in multiple courses and PT Program needs
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hireJob Category:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Demonstrated progression in all goals/outcomes of the Faculty Residency program.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels throughout the institution.
- Commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion.
Feb 18, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University