Professional Research Assistant
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology Professional Research Assistant (PRA)Position #00780066 – Requisition #20233
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Thoracic Oncology Research Initiative has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant. This position will help accelerate translational lung cancer research at CU by identifying and enrolling eligible lung cancer patients for biospecimen protocols, processing of biospecimens, and maintaining RedCap database of patient information.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
This full-time PRA position will work closely with Dr. Erin Schenk and members of the Thoracic Oncology Research Initiative at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO. Primary duties will include:Thoracic Oncology Clinical Duties:
Research Laboratory Duties:
- Identify and recruit prospective subjects for sample collection from the patients seen in the Lung Cancer Clinic at Anschutz for trial eligibility
- Obtains medical history and current medications, reviews protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms eligibility of patients
- Consent eligible patients to biopsecimen trials and ensures that the informed consent process has occurred and is properly documented and filed as required.
- Coordinate with clinical and research teams for sample acquisition and transportation
- Closely work with pathology/outside facilities in obtaining FFPE blocks for consented patients.
Salary and Benefits:
- Transports blood and/or tissue samples from the clinic to the melanoma research laboratory.
- Is responsible for outside materials such as slides and FFPE blocks within the laboratory.
- Assists in the preparation of specimens for study including preparation of serum, DNA from tissues and cells for culture.
- Maintains records of specimen collection, storage, use and transfer.
- Assures that all samples are barcoded, entered in the database, and properly stored.
- Enter lung cancer patient details into RedCap database
- Performs review of patient medical history and enters data on all enrolled patients; initiates patient phone contact and obtains outside medical records when necessary
- Relays timely information to the Institutional Review Board and Regulatory Affairs Coordinator in regard to protocols. This is to ensure quality study flow and that all governing regulations are being followed.
- Maintain required trainings and certification to allow for patient interaction, medical record access, and research laboratory
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $35,600 to $45,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- Bachelor's degree education in appropriate scientific field (biology, chemistry, or related health sciences).
- Previous experience with data entry
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hireConditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel to campus and work remotely from home.
- Certification & Licensure Required: HIPAA and COMIRB certification required within 30 days of hire.
Competencies:Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Possess knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, FDA Rules and Regulations, NIH guidelines, ICH guidelines and HIPAA regulations in relation to clinical trials.Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, and medical terminologyExcellent communication and organizational skillsAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Proficiency with MS Office software preferred, for daily email and assigned projects.Must be team-oriented, flexible, willing to ask questions to communicate and collaborate within the research lab environment.Ability to take direction and be self-motivated to coordinate various projects and meet deadlines.Job Category:
- RedCap training and experience with maintaining a RedCap database
- Familiarity with EPIC electronic medical record
- Experience or exposure to IRB protocols and patient consenting process
- Experience in a research laboratory
Feb 18, 2021Unposting Date:
Feb 24, 2021, 12:59:00 AM
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University