Temporary Massage Therapist
University of Colorado, School of Medicine - Anschutz Health & Wellness Center
Temporary Massage Therapist (Part-time)
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
About the Anschutz Health and Wellness CenterThe Anschutz Health and Wellness Center resides within the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) is an interdisciplinary center whose overarching goals are to impact the campus while building towards sustainability. Either of these alone is insufficient. We strive to achieve both. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness and weight loss programs and work with patients, providers, students and trainees, employees, and researchers to take these programs beyond the Center's walls into communities. The mission of the Center is "to collaborate with campus partners to develop and deliver programs and services targeting physical activity, nutrition, and mental wellbeing that enhance the lives of people who come here." The Center's vision is "a campus where wellness is a foundation of everything we do." All endeavors at the Center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach with a shared philosophy is core to the development of the Center's programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, and the metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration, it is impossible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the development of the Center. The Center serves as a "learning lab" for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.Job SummaryTemporaries perform seasonal, temporary work for short periods. Positions have limited duration work assignments according to university or campus policies and are not part of the organization's regular staffing pattern. The massage therapist position is anticipated to last a maximum of six months. This part-time position will provide massage services to the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center clients to help support individual wellness goals. The position is expected to actively seek out clients interested in paying for additional massage packages as offered by the Center and delivering services to clients whose insurance covers massage services. The Center has expertise in nutrition and mindfulness, and the successful candidate is expected to know and deliver a consistent message to clients in the Center on these topics.Current massage hours are: Monday-Sunday 7 am until 7 pmSupervision ReceivedMassage Therapist CoordinatorSupervision ExercisedThis position does not supervise any employeesExamples of Work Performed Specific duties and responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide massage services in various packages as promoted by the Center
- Provide massage services as needed for Center outreach efforts
- Administrative duties as required
- Administrative duties as required
- Licensed Massage Therapist in Colorado
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- At least one-year previous experience.
- One year of experience or more in building a clientele from a facility member base
- One year of or more of previous experience working in various massage methods e.g., sports massage, structural bodywork, deep tissue, Swedish, Myofascial Techniques)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orallyAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees Outstanding customer serviceDependable and effective scheduling of clienteleAbility to learn and update skills on an ongoing basisDemonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 18, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing