Open Rank - Science Writer
DescriptionOpen Rank Science -Writer Psychologist
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER | ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, one of four campuses in the University of Colorado System, is the major academic medical center in the Rocky Mountain region. The Anschutz Medical Campus is home to the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and a new Veterans Affairs Hospital, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive biomedical research and clinical care centers in the western United States. With world-class health sciences research, educational and clinical facilities, the CU School of Medicine has established distinctive and highly productive programs, receiving research awards of more than $350 million per year, including more than $200 million from National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies. The School's total annual clinical and research revenue exceeds $1.2 billion per year.The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry has just welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD and is in the process of growing the Department of Psychiatry with new programs and expanding existing programs.DOPsych Diversity Equity Inclusion Information:
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to hold the Department of Psychiatry’s faculty, staff, and trainees accountable for promoting a culture of inclusive excellence and respect. We are committed to continuous education, sustaining cultural humility, and action related to DEI topics including systematic review of policies and procedures to ensure they are in alignment with the DOPsych DEI mission and vision.Nature of Work
The Department of Psychiatry
at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a science writer at an open rank. The main responsibility of the Science Writer(s) is to assist with the scientific writing of peer-reviewed publications and grant applications.Please note, this is an open rank position and could be categorized as Instructor, Clinical Instructor, Senior Instructor, Clinical Senior Instructor, Assistant Professor, Clinical Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, Professor or Clinical Associate Professor based on experience and qualifications as indicated below. Clinical designation is used for individuals that are hired at part time status. Part time appointment would be considered for candidates who meet the qualifications. Examples of Work Performed
Salary and Benefits:Master’s DegreeInstructor/Clinical Instructor/Senior Instructor/Clinical Senior Instructor:
- Drafting grants for government funding agencies, private foundations, and industry
- Drafting, editing, and submitting manuscripts (e.g., reviews, original research articles, perspective pieces) to peer-reviewed academic journals (as a collaborating author)
- Revising manuscripts for resubmission
- Creating figures and tables for publications
- Preparing posters and presentations
- Developing and maintaining a list of potential research funding opportunities
- Preparing IRB protocols
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $58,000 to $80,000.PhD/PsyDInstructor/Clinical Instructor/Senior Instructor/Clinical Senior Instructor:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $90,000 to $105,000. Associate Professor/Clinical Associate Professor:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $113,000 to $130,000. Professor/Clinical Professor:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $162,000 to $200,000.This represents the 25-50 percentile of the salary range which is reflective of a candidate with 1-7 years of experience. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Instructor/Clinical Instructor: 1-3 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: Master’s in Psychology Neuroscience or related field or PhD or PsyD in Neuroscience or related field.
- Senior Instructor/Clinical Senior Instructor: 1-3 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: Master’s in Psychology Neuroscience or related field or PhD or PsyD in Neuroscience or related field.
- Assistant Professor/Clinical Assistant Professor: 1-3 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: PhD or PsyD in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field.
- Associate Professor/Clinical Associate Professor: 4-7 years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: PhD or PsyD in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field.
- Professor/Clinical Professor: 7+ years of related experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: PhD or PsyD in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field.
- Proven track record of publishing first-author papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Proven track record of grant writing
- Psychologist License or be eligible for licensure within the state of Colorado required for PhD or PsyD
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to write on a wide variety of research topics by researching and developing a proficient understanding of new areas of research
- Good understanding of statistical analyses
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, fast learner, highly organized
- Ability to use reference software (e.g., EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero)
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to community audiences
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Job Category:
Feb 18, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University