Administrative Assistant II
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing, National Resource Center for Health and Safety
Title Administrative Assistant II
Position #685583 – Requisition #20242
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing has an opening for a NRC Administrative Assistant. This full-time (1.00 FTE) position will work within the College of Nursing project “National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education (NRC)”. This NRC Administrative Assistant will support project goals of two major contracts that currently fund NRC operations. One is a subcontract with the Education Development Center (EDC) for NRC to maintain and provide training and technical assistance on the Caring for Our Children Online Database (CFOC) of health and safety standards for early care and education programs, as part of the National Center on Health Behavioral Health and Safety (NCHBHS). The second is a contract to conduct NRC’s longitudinal study of obesity prevention rules in child care regulations nationally for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The NRC Administrative Assistant works with the NRC Project Director, faculty, student workers and other staff connected with the project as well as interfaces with consultants and national partners. The ideal candidate will possess excellent skills in communication and ability to manage dynamic priorities efficiently.This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority in collaboration with human resources.Examples of Work Performed
- Maintain the Director’s calendar and schedules of NRC events and commitments.
- Process office supply and/or similar orders as needed and in adherence to current procurement and financial policies/procedures. Monitor and maintain office inventory, reordering when necessary.
- In collaboration with CU Nursing Finance and the Office of Research and Scholarship, maintain and monitor NRC fiscal records as needed by the Project Director and adhering to current financial policies and procedures.
- Stay current on College of Nursing and applicable University policies and procedures related to administrative responsibilities.
- Maintain NRC Faculty CVs and web profiles. Communicate any updates to NRC Faculty CVs to [email protected]; Collaborate with OIT and/or CU Nursing Marketing and Communications team regarding any updates for NRC Faculty web profiles.
- Maintain a comprehensive, current contact list of NRC personnel and partners.
- Assist planning, coordination, support, and documentation of meetings, webinars, and videoconferences, etc.
- Support NRC faculty travel arrangements and expense reporting in adherence to current college policies and procedures.
- Support positive relationships with project partners and funding sources
- Prepare and/or proofread NRC communications and products for internal/external dissemination
- Monitor and notify faculty of key nutrition, health and safety posts on the NCHBHS social media forum
- Monitor working status of NRC website hyperlinks
- Monitor Social Media Site (MyPeers); monitor posted questions and triage questions to the appropriate individual.
- Monitor all state websites for new and revised childcare licensing regulations; Compile updates and communicate with the team; Follow up with state licensing agencies as directed
- Serve on a rating team for the CDC study if needed
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $34,752 to $38,424. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of general clerical experience.
- Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the general clerical experience.
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Experience with childcare licensing regulations and/or childcare programs.
- Experience with web conferencing and presentation technologies (e.g., Zoom, Adobe Connect)
- Experience with Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, and online collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint)
- Experience in basic website maintenance
- Conversational Spanish language skills
- Experience with CU Concur and Marketplace platforms, or other procurement software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work effectively on teams in a support role
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the abilities to take direction, work independently, prioritize tasks, and work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software quickly
- Commitment to the mission, values, history, traditions and diversity of the NRC
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 18, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing