University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Payroll/HR Technician - Accounting Technician III
Position #00002739 – Requisition #20241
Examples of Work Performed:Payroll Processing – Students and Backup for Monthly/Bi-Weekly Payroll – 60% (Essential Function)
- Performs full-cycle processing for the student and, as needed, monthly/bi-weekly payrolls using the HCM and timekeeping systems (MyLeave and TimeClock+), processes hand types, reissues, voids, adjustments, and labor redistributions, and maintains payroll records.
- Helps to ensure proper payment of wages, reported hours worked, overtime and shift reporting while meeting rigid deadlines.
- Assists with the set up of direct deposit, W4 withholdings and provide information on benefits and 401A retirement account.
- Reviews Personnel Action Forms (ePARs) and Payroll Expense Transfers (PET) for compliance with University policies, creates and updates records in the Human Resources/Payroll database for supplemental payments, and monitors all payments that are paid over multiple pay periods to ensure overpayments do not occur.
- Provides instruction and guidance to employees regarding the use of payroll-related systems, including entry and approval of timesheets, online access to pay statements, etc., assists employees with problems accessing their timesheet, and contacts employees who have not submitted their timesheet for processing. Termination processing of final paycheck
- Assists the human resources function by performing paraprofessional work coordinating and administering a variety of complex and specialized human resources functions (such as onboarding, recruitment support, personnel file management, and leave management), coordinate interviews and meetings, enter data, run reports, and special projects as needed.
- Onboarding – Gathers all new hire paperwork/data and facilitates SDM internal processes for payroll entry, badging, access and compliance requirements. Participates in employee onboarding training sessions
- Off boarding – Gathers appropriate information and documentation to ensure timely processing of employee terminations.
- Leave Administration – Coordinates the paperwork/forms for filing of FMLA, worker’s compensation claims, ADA requests. Set up files and ensures accurate entry in the leave systems for reporting purposes. Provides general guidance on the rules and internal processes for leaves.
- Schedule and coordinate HR sponsored meetings
- Creates and maintains personnel files for employees by reviewing, scanning, indexing, and entering information from employment documents (applications, resumes, transcripts, I-9s, letters of recommendation, personnel action forms, etc.) for inclusion in personnel records.
- On occasion, this position may be assigned other duties needed to help drive to the vision, fulfill the mission, and uphold the organizational values of CU Denver/Anschutz and the SDM.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $44,760 - $49,368.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Three years of payroll and/or human resources technician experience.
- Substitution: Appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Prior experience working in payroll or human resources within higher education is a plus
- Familiarity with FMLA, worker’s compensation, unemployment processes
- Ability to select and compile data for correspondence and reports.
- Ability to apply standards and guidelines to individual situations to identify acceptable and/or problem circumstances.
- Ability to conduct training sessions, workshops, and programs regarding payroll and human resources topics.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work independently.
- Ability to follow complex instructions.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation) skills
- Knowledge of State of Colorado personnel rules
- Knowledge of rules, practices and procedures used in state of Colorado and/or University of Colorado administration.
- Knowledge of HCM, TimeClock+ databases.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 18, 2021
Unposting Date: Feb 24, 2021, 12:59:00 AM