Assistant Coach, Womens Soccer Georgetown University Athletics
Assistant Coach, Womens Soccer Georgetown University Athletics
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer - Georgetown University Athletics
The Assistant Coach, reporting to the Head Women's Soccer Coach, recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA, and carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission.
Reporting to the Head Women's Soccer Coach, the Assistant Coach has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA.
- Carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown Athletics and its educational mission. Follows all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance.
- With general policy guidance from the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will make decisions to successfully achieve department goals and objectives, and be accountable for the development of team policies and goals.
- The Assistant Coach will actively participate in practices and competitions, including, but not limited to, game preparation (including developing strategies and game plans), practice planning, skill and video sessions (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills), scouting opposing teams and players (including analyzing their strengths and weaknesses), scheduling, weight training and fitness programs.
- The Assistant Coach will evaluate prospective student-athletes, analyze and determine their abilities and whether they may succeed athletically and academically at Georgetown.
- Recommends or determines which prospective student-athletes the team should focus its time and resources to recruit, and contact and recruit such prospects.
- Performs additional duties, e.g., monitoring of student-athlete academic performance; conducting, advising, and counseling student-athletes regarding performance and conduct; identifying and addressing student-athlete welfare issues; and representing the University in donor/alumni public relations and community programs.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified, preferably at college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of soccer
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes
- Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques. Ability to create a database for all prospects
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- General knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management
- Valid driver's license with good driving record and insurability
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications
- Availability to work weekends and evenings
Current First Aid/CPR certification
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/McDonough-Gym-2nd-Floor/Assistant-Coach--Women-s-Soccer---Georgetown-University-Athletics_JR09854
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency