Manager, Marketing Communications - DUA
Manager, Marketing Communications - DUA
Job ID: 221663
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Marketing Communications Manager for the Division of University Advancement (DUA) is a member of the Strategic Communications and Marketing team and supports DUA and its four units: Advancement Services, Alumni and Constituent Relations, Development, and the KSU Foundation, Inc. This person is primarily responsible for helping to define the strategies and manage the execution for DUA and communications to increase and enhance philanthropy, engagement and connection to Kennesaw State. This includes defining yearly/monthly plans and strategies, campaign assets, messages and launch strategies in coordination with the Assistant Vice President for Strategic Communications, Associate VP for Advancement and other key development, alumni relations, KSU Foundation leaders. The role is also responsible for ensuring the effective communication and messaging on the University Advancement social media channels and website pages. All of this activity should be consistent with, enhance and elevate KSU's overall brand.
This role manages the overall relationship and is the primary point of contact between Strategic Communications and Marketing and University Advancement. This includes stewarding the yearly planning process, creative development and messaging. Writes feature stories and creates engaging content for various formats including; websites, social and print materials.
- Works hand-in hand with the University Advancement teams to strategize, plan, develop and execute marketing and communications campaigns to increase donations and donor base as well as alumni engagement and giving. Requires understanding of the University's funding priorities.
- Ensures projects are moving forward in a timely manner, which includes maintaining editorial and project calendars, reviewing copy and creative, working with various units within the Strat Comm team (comms, operations, creative) to troubleshoot and find solutions to challenges.
- Works with the web team to maintain the DUA (including the Alumni) websites and ensure that it is updated.
- Strategically work with the Alumni and Constituent Engagement team to maintain their social accounts to build audience and increase engagement.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
Three (3) to five (5) years of related marketing communications experience in advancement related functions in similar organizations (fundraising, foundations, not for profits, alumni and constituent engagement, etc.)
- Related marketing communications experience within a major, comprehensive fundraising campaign Project management experience Account management experience Strong written and oral communications Familiarity with project management software such as Asana Proficient in the use of computer applications; including but not limited to, Microsoft office products, Adobe Creative Suite, and HTML/web design
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Enjoys collaborating with others formally and informally within one's team and across the organization
- Able to produce high output with little or no supervision
- Possesses strong project and account management skills
- Is a highly effective communicator both written and oral and able to put together compelling written and oral narratives that tell the KSU giving story
- Able to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, and has strong attention to detail
- Ability to coach, counsel, persuade and negotiate with senior-level leadership
- Flexible and adaptable and enjoys working within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221663&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency