Simulation Support Specialist
Simulation Support Specialist
Job ID: 224039
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provides support for all simulation operations, including, but not limited to, course preparation, training and maintenance and repair of software and hardware for computerized manikins.
- Maintains and repairs biomedical equipment
- Programs and operates high fidelity manikins
- Maintains SimIQ website, simulation computers and AV equipment
- Coordinates use of simulation equipment and provides training to faculty, students, and student assistants as needed
- Conducts repairs and cleanings for lab manikins annually or as needed
- Develops custom solutions to meet faculty simulation needs
- Assists with data capture and entry for faculty research and quality control
- Interfaces with vendors and other departments to facilitate operations
Technical diploma or Associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Two (2) years of experience in simulation based education, health care and/or biomedical engineering
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Health Care Simulation Operations Specialist Certification
Knowledge of patient simulation technologies (software and hardware) preferred
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of patient simulation technologies (software and hardware) preferred
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment and software for recording, duplication, mixing and editing
- Knowledge of principles of electronics, audio-video components, computers, and peripheral devices
- Able to learn new software and hardware
- Able to assess, troubleshoot and fix equipment failures in a timely fashion
- Able to work with internal and external individuals from different levels of training
- Able to learn and become proficient with new software and hardware
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Internet, database applications, and Mac O/S)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224039&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency