Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
Job ID: 224195
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Performs the full scope of auditing encompassing financial, compliance, operational, and effectiveness reviews according to our risk-based methodology at Kennesaw State University (KSU) and professional auditing standards. Performs special projects, consulting services, and investigations.
1. Leads and/or executes financial, operational, and compliance audits, internal control reviews, special projects, and investigations of varying complexities with minimal oversight
2. Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with policies and procedures by planning the audit or review, designing the audit program, obtaining a thorough understanding of processes, and performing fieldwork
3. Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment, in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
4. Drafts and finalizes audit reports to communicate observations, issues, risks and recommendations ensuring all audit findings, exceptions, and/or proposed adjustments in the audit report are adequately explained in a clear and concise manner requiring minimal editing
5. Performs follow-up audit procedures to appraise the adequacy of auditee's corrective action taken to improve audit deficiencies
6. Completes assigned audits, special projects, and reports within appropriate timeframes.
7. Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls over processes and collaborates with auditee to form workable solutions
8. Assists with the annual risk assessment process
9. Interprets policies of Kennesaw State University, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents (BOR), state agencies, federal government and other agencies related to the performance of audit duties
10. Maintains current knowledge of industry/regulatory/legislative issues relating to and impacting Internal Audit issues
11. Communicates progress of the audits, reviews, projects, and investigations to the Chief Institutional Auditor and reports any deviation(s) from established audit protocol
12. Assists in performing administrative and operational functions of the Internal Audit Department.
13. Contributes to Internal Audit Department initiatives, such as training, professional development and other projects, as requested
14. Assists with the Internal Audit Department's Quality Assurance and Improvement Program and ongoing quality programs as prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting, Information Systems, or related business field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of progressive auditing experience (internal and/or external)
Auditing experience in higher education and/or governmental area a plus
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224195&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency