Clinical Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Clinical Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Job ID: 223992
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Kennesaw State University offers ACS accredited degree programs in chemistry and biochemistry in addition to concentrations in forensic chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Kennesaw State University invites applications for one (1) nine-month, non-tenure-track, position as Clinical Assistant Professor of Chemistry, to teach the introductory chemistry sequence as well as in other courses depending on the candidate's expertise, and to oversee the laboratory instruction of entering graduate students. The position will begin August 2021.
Teaching assignments will typically be 12 contact hours per week of lectures and laboratories, although course release will be provided as appropriate for oversight of graduate students. The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching and contribute to the quality and growth of the program.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. degree, or foreign equivalent, in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a closely related field with at least 18 graduate hours in chemistry or biochemistry. At least three years of teaching experience, experience with large enrollment courses, and familiarity with reform pedagogies. A commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of faculty endeavor.
- Experience with flipped classroom instruction, POGIL, or other reform pedagogies Up to 5 years of experience as an instructor of record for appropriate chemistry courses Supervisory experience or experience training student teachers Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community Experience teaching on-line or hybrid courses
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- A statement of teaching philosophy including evidence of effective instruction in their area of expertise, if possible
- A statement describing the candidate's experience with diverse groups of students and faculty and an expression of commitment to diversity and inclusion in all areas of faculty endeavor
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
Apply Before Date
For full consideration, all application materials should be submitted by March 15, 2021.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact [email protected]. Use the position you are interested in as the subject line.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at [email protected]. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at [email protected].
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223992&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency