Enrollment Services Marketing Communication Specialist
Enrollment Services Marketing Communication Specialist
Job ID: 224051
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Coordinates and implements marketing and communication projects that support the assigned department and/or college's goals to help shape effective marketing and communications strategies. Organizes public image campaigns and special events that are engaging and contain an interactive strategy that enhances the University's reputation. Responsible for creating effective communication through emails, text messages, digital, print, power points, newsletters, etc. for the assigned department. Works collaboratively with divisional partners to achieve project objectives, milestones and deliverables, and campaign effectiveness reporting.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships within the assigned department and/or college, understanding key business strategies, objectives, and project expectations to support marketing efforts and goals
- Handles all internal and external communications for the Division of Enrollment Services to drive student recruitment, progression, retention, and graduation
- This position works independently as the communication and marketing liaison to University departments (which include the Office of Admissions, Registrar, Career Planning and Development, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and other campus stakeholders)
- Independently develops and executes work with minimum oversight, and independently advises and enforces good communication standards and principals with department directors
- Acquires and maintains a detailed knowledge of the institutional policies, principles and strategies, and keeps up to date with relevant developments
- Work with divisional leadership to plan, create, and evaluate strategic communications initiatives to drive student engagement and activity with the University
- Plans and manages project communications, monitoring project status, proactively managing changes, and effectively communicating regularly to ensure the message will not become lost among other college messages
- May provide web support by updating, creating, and designing websites
- Develops and manages comprehensive marketing and communications strategy, campaigns, projects, tactical execution plan
- Develops content and participates in design development for both digital and print communications and marketing materials
- Coordinates and runs meetings with departmental executive directors and assistant directors to review communications, updates and goals of departments. Additionally, this position may provide communication and marketing operation reports, which may be presented or provided at an executive level to assess communication effectiveness
- Oversees the production process, day-to-day project activities and provides analytical data analysis for communication
- Creates advertising, marketing copy, newsletters, memos, reports and other forms of communication aimed at increasing enrollment, increasing philanthropic support, improving name recognition and enhancing the assigned department and/or college
- Creates, plans, and executes engaging and interactive communication content strategy to enhance the assigned department's goal
- Utilizes social media to drive users to the assigned department and/or college's website, enhance the brand, promote events and programs, recruit students
- Ensures that communications are aligned with the University and the assigned department and/or college's brand messaging and policies to increase the sense of connection to the College and its extended community
- May design and facilitate communication within the CRM to ensure tracking, communication flow and correct data
- Directs projects using appropriate internal and external resources (including, but not limited to, departmental team members, automation and CRM systems, videography, PR and marketing team, agency partners, freelance professionals, and PR/marketing firms)
- Ensures evaluation and analysis of marketing initiatives to determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies
- May coordinate and hosts the assigned department and/or college's events (both on-site and off campus locations) that promote the brand, the assigned department and/or college and programs, recruit students and increase the sense of connection to the extended community. This includes ensure communications are tailored to our target populations and align with University goals.
- Help to prepare work for the team to submit for approval and submission.
- May coordinate and develop social media campaigns to fit departmental goals
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or related field
Two (2) years of marketing, communications or public relations work experience with a focus on account management and digital campaign management
Previous experience in higher education preferred
Extensive experience with Microsoft Suite
Experience in communication execution and evaluation in a high education institution
Print content creation/design
Web content creation/design
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of communication, sales and broad understanding of marketing principles
- Knowledge of branding standards and University policies and guidelines used to develop marketing and advertising materials
- Able to produce creative and effective marketing communications materials
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and be willing to develop strong and positive relationships with staff and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite including Photoshop, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and email etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224051&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency