Administrative Support Assistant II
Job no: 515818
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Office/Clerical, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:68040000 - BS-TRANSPORTATION / PARKING
Administrative Support Assistant IIJob Description:
This position serves as primary radio dispatcher for TAPS parking patrollers via radio protocol. Individual has knowledge of campus parking facilities, addresses public parking complaints via TAPS parking patrollers and has knowledge of rules, regulations, and research needed to determine whether vehicles should be booted or towed. Individual enters boot citations and hand-written citations into TAPS system, voids citations as authorized by TAPS Director, TAPS Assistant Director, and designated UFPD staff, verifies field voids by parking patrollers. Individual is responsible for distribution, return, downloading, updating, and general maintenance of citation handheld units and printers, manages handheld information for field use by parking patrollers, issues and manages forms, files, and paperwork for parking patrollers and dispatch. This position is responsible for generating and sending the e-mails and letters for outstanding citations and for sitting in on probable cause hearings.
- Primary radio dispatcher for TAPS parking patrollers via radio protocol. Knowledge of campus parking facilities. Addresses public parking complaints via TAPS parking patrollers. Knowledge of rules, regulations, and research needed to determine whether vehicles should be booted or towed.
- Enters boot citations and hand-written citations into TAPS system. Voids citations as authorized by TAPS Director, TAPS Assistant Director, and designated UFPD staff. Verifies field voids by parking patrollers.
- Responsible for other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned.
$16.18 to $16.50 hourlyMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with University People Soft system
- Knowledge of campus parking rules and regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of campus buildings and locations
- Knowledge of office and business machine use
To be considered for this position you must upload your resume. Cover letters will be accepted.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 18 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time