Job no: 515819
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Business/Accounting/Finance
Department:07701100 - HO-SUPPLY
Purchasing AssistantJob Description:
Responsible for processing the purchasing of commodities for the Department
• Prepare requests for purchase by contacting multiple suppliers and obtaining competitive quotes for orders requested by departmental staff (e.g. Maintenance, Custodial) in alignment with state, university, and departmental policies and procedures
• Research and obtain pricing information, payment terms, availability, and delivery
• Ensure all quotes received contain the needed information, including pricing, availability, and estimated delivery timelines
• Prepare commodity descriptions and specifications for requisitions requiring competitive bidding or written price quotation
• Actively communicate and ensure vendors understand UF purchasing process, timeline, and payment terms
• Review and complete requests submitted through the Housing Management Purchasing system, including but not limited to, adding accurate chartfield information, purchase methods, and submitting to vendors for quotes.
• Create carts and submit requisitions in myUF MarketPlace for materials, services, and equipment purchases
• Coordinate with departmental financial services team to ensure appropriate and correct financial documentation and notations are provided for each purchase; this may include contacting suppliers to obtain invoices, resolve discrepancies through the issuance of credits/refunds, and obtain proper receiving tickets
• Assist with identifying and taking appropriate actions on outstanding purchase orders including but not limited to delivery of items, delivery requirements, fulfillment of proper items to desired specifications, and assistance in sourcing items
• Actively communicate with departmental staff on the status of outstanding orders, delays, delivery of materials and equipment and trends in commodity usage
Responsible for maintaining vendor files and purchase documentation
• Maintain current vendor files, product information files, contact information and update as required.
• Responsible for maintaining and properly storing documentation related to past purchases that includes vendors and purchasing types
• Research and determine appropriate vendor for products or services needed based on departmental specification; collaborate with department staff as needed to ensure appropriate specifications are obtained
• Maintain contact and develop working relationships with vendor representatives
Assist with processing receiving, delivery of items as well as maintaining inventory for all products purchased within area of responsibility
• Ensure orders received are complete and accurate following up with vendors as required
• Monitor and coordinate delivery of items as well as distribution to the various internal units after items are received as required
• Serve as back-up to fulfill inventory supply requests from current inventory of products as needed.
• Assist in the loading and unloading of supplies and equipment to the receiving areas; Ability to lift 50lbs is required.
• Assist with conducting physical inventories of supply warehouse and furniture shop operations.
Develop reports, handle special projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned.
• Perform administrative tasks as required such as filing, scanning, and faxing.
$18.25 per hourMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE:
• Educational background in Finance or Business Administration preferred
• Four or more years of experience in procurement preferred
• Knowledge of UF Finance and Accounting procedures and UF Procurement policies and procedures
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft, specifically as it relates to generating requisitions.
• Knowledge of Housing and Residence Life
• Knowledge of building materials and supplies (including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general hardware), data and communication supplies
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook email and calendar)
• Computer skills in PeopleSoft
• Ability to research services, supplies, equipment, and pricing on the internet
• Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to be detail-oriented and accurate with work assignments
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of references to the application.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 18 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 04 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time