Job no: 515826
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:68040000 - BS-TRANSPORTATION / PARKING
Marketing SpecialistJob Description:
The Marketing Specialist serves as the primary source for public information and coordinator of strategic communication with the University community on behalf of the department. Keeps customers and the UF community informed through management of targeted email impact notices, maintains Constant Contact database. Fully responsible for managing and updating the department’s website and related webpages. Manages the department’s listserv and TAPS Feedback account to ensure timely, relevant and informative responses to customer inquiries. Develops and curates written, video and virtual content for the department’s social media accounts, enhancing their effectiveness and promoting the department in the social media arena. Creates and disseminates accurate and professional content and short articles for website, newsletters, brochures, press releases, maps and other print or virtual publications to inform and engage students, faculty and staff, and visitors. Represents Transportation and Parking Services at University venues including summer Preview events, tabling and presenting at public events. Trains and supervises the Marketing Intern as available.
- Effectively notifies customers and the university community of events impacting parking and/or transportation through proactive and creative use of all relevant forms of communication, including the listserv, targeted emails, electronic sign, etc. Partners with other university entities to utilize their communication networks to further disseminate critical information to their constituents. Writes press releases, news articles, and create graphics for signs.
- Manages the TAPS social media accounts and create new social accounts (Facebook and Instagram) as a tool for customer communication and public relations. Crafts and posts messages and monitors content as appropriate to disseminate information, market and promote services, enhance customer relations and the department’s public image. Ensures compliance with all University and departmental requirements and policies related to social media presence. Will update the TAPS website with impacts, news, alternative transportation option marketing plan.
- Represents the department at campus and community tabling events and public presentations. Takes a lead role in programming and presenting, and coordinate additional staffing as may be required. Represent TAPS and partner with Business Services in program development and presence at freshman orientation “Preview” events. Represents TAPS and partners with other departments and divisions at university events including the Sustainability Fair, One Less Car Day, Earth Day, Graduate Student Orientation, New Faculty Orientation, etc.
- Maintains, updates and optimizes the department’s website, including the Parking and Transportation Committee pages. Ensures all content is current, accurate, complete, user friendly, well organized and informative regarding services, programs, regulations, policies, news, impact announcements, etc. Ensures compliance with the University’s website standards.
- Drafts, updates, produces, maintains adequate inventory, and distributes various informational and marketing materials and publications, including newsletters, brochures, maps, etc. Performs design and coordinate production of parking decals, permits and other instruments as may be required.
- Manages the Gator Locator public display monitors to ensure daily functionality, and troubleshoots as needed.
- Compiles, updates and maintains the department’s Activities Calendar and electronic files containing Policies and Procedures.
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the UF Zipcar fleet, including moving vehicles as needed.
- Performs other related tasks as requested in support of the department’s goals, initiatives and activities.
$21.40 to $26.78 hourly; commensurate with experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience; or an associate's degree and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of basic public relations principles and customer service techniques.
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and related software programs.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
To be considered for this position, you must upload your cover letter and resume. Examples of previous work - campaigns, ads, etc. may be submitted.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 18 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time