Administrative Coordinator - Community Values and Restorative Practices
Present Position Number:
00461WRole Code Title:
Admin & Office Specialist IIPosition Title:
Administrative Coordinator - Community Values and Restorative PracticesPosition Summary:
This position provides broad administrative support to Community Values & Restorative Practices, ensuring smooth operation and efficient delivery of services to students and other constituents. The Administrative Coordinator has reception, administrative, data entry and general office responsibilities, including providing back up reception and phone coverage for the main Dean of Students Office.Required Qualifications:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Teams, Word)
• Ability to maintain a database or record keeping system effectively
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with office tasks and general administrative functions (i.e., generating reports, setting up appointments screening phone calls, making travel arrangements)
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills including oral and written;
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and respond promptly to sensitive situations, concerns, and complaints, including identifying and applying applicable policies and procedures
• Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Advanced skills in Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel.
• Strong experience with using a variety of software systems.
Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment:
220000 Dean of StudentsLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U05Job Open Date:
02/05/2021Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthSpecial Application Instructions:
This is a re-post previous applicants do not need to applyConditions of Employment::
This position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information, particularly in dealings with a wide variety of populations (e.g., faculty, staff, and students) of varying levels of education and skills in communication.
This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php