Professional Expert, Project Assistant-Guided Pathways and Dual Enrollment
Under direction of the Project Director, Guided Pathways & Dual Enrollment, responsible for coordinating, overseeing and participating in various operations, activities and special projects in support of Guided Pathways implementation. This will include efforts to expand pathways from high school to community college by assisting with efforts to recruit and enroll high school students in the College’s dual enrollment program. Will serve as a liaison with local high schools to answer questions, organize informational events, recruit and enroll students, and monitor student progress.
This is a Professional Expert position to provide support for the Guided Pathways and Dual Enrollment Program. Outstanding communication skills and the ability to collaborate with campus staff and external partners are especially valued. Experience or skills coordinating projects across functional areas or teams is critical to success.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education and Experience:
This position will be OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
This is a professional expert, 20-hour per week position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The normal hours of work will be arranged with the supervisor between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. However, some flexibility such as evenings and weekends may be required to meet the needs of the department. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
PE Step 15 ($19.00 per hour)
Medical benefits available at employee cost.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application
- A current resume (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended)
- A cover letter providing evidence and examples that show education, experience, knowledge, and abilities to meet the requirements of the position (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended)
Electronic applications may be completed by visiting www.cccd.edu/employment. Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714 or (714) 438-4716.
All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate "n/a" (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do not leave any space blank. Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065. Faxes must clearly indicate your name and the job to which you are applying.
Disability Accommodations: If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4716.
- Applicants who are deemed to possess the highest degree of desirable qualifications will be invited to discuss their qualifications in an interview with the College/District. Please note: Possession of the desired qualifications does not ensure an interview.
- If any travel is required for an applicant to participate in-person during the interview process, this will be done so at the candidate's own expense.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.