Certified Nurse Assistant one posting for all inpatient units
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
Performs a variety of patient care and administrative support functions under the supervision of Medical Center professionals in an inpatient or outpatient setting or in a patient’s home.
- Assists patients with personal care as needed for optimal recovery during hospitalization.
- Performs basic nursing skills as delegated by an RN and in accordance with policy and procedure to promote patient health and wellness.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Performs administrative support functions.
- Maintains necessary skills and competencies.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience: No experience required. Relevant experience preferred.
Licensure: Certified Nursing Aide certification (CNA) through the Virginia Board of Nursing. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires frequently bending/stooping and driving (Home Health Aide only). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs and > 100lbs (Home Health Aide only). May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.