Fortify Children's Health Social Work Care Coordinator (BSW/MSW)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
•Hybrid home- and office-based position with productivity and quality expectations. Work requires access to reliable high-speed internet and a private home-office environment.
•Work will involve intermittent travel to professional locations to meet with provider teams and/or patients and families.
•Must reside within 90-minute commute of Fortify Children’s Health location for continuing education, operations meetings, technical support.
•Proficiency with computer skills including Microsoft Office-based programs, database navigation, EHR navigation and documentation required.
•Work includes extended periods of sedentary activity including talking on the telephone and using the computer.
The Fortify Cares Social Work Care Coordinator utilizes the skills and knowledge base of the Bachelor’s-prepared social worker to support the Licensed Care Managers, the practice-level staff, and the patients and families we serve. The Fortify Social Worker will be responsible for community resource identification and referrals to support patient and family wellness. This position requires strong organizational skills in order to multi-task and prioritize referrals, assignments, and requests. The successful candidate has a demonstrated track record of building respectful rapport and trust with patients, families, providers and community partners; completing assessments of physical and psychosocial needs; identifying appropriate healthcare and community resources; collaborating with team members. This position requires confidentiality, discretion, and collaboration.
- Providing care that is inclusive and respectful of socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin
- Building open, trusting, respectful relationships with diverse patients and families both remotely and in person
- Engaging critical thinking skills to support the development of Individualized Plans of Care
- Anticipating and responding to patient and family needs
- Communicating effectively with diverse audiences both orally and in writing
- Working with interdisciplinary teams to improve patient, family, and community outcomes
- Electronically documenting care according to industry and institutional standards, including HIPAA-compliant documentation
- Reading and implementing an Individualized Plan of Care
- Assisting with assessments and identification of needs
- Identifying community resources to benefit patients and families
- Completing and following-up on referrals to community resources to optimize effective and efficient care outcomes in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Communicating ongoing care needs, referrals and outcomes to interdisciplinary team members to include Fortify Cares team members as well as collaborative medical and community partners
- Building relationships with schools and other community partners to facilitate seamless referral and care coordination
- Engaging in continued professional education of others as to the role of social work on the Care Management team
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's prepared social worker, MSW preferred
Experience: 2+ years professional experience, medical social work experience preferred. Experience working with children, families, community partners
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, standing/traveling or use of assistive and climbing (stairs, steps). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail, hear, speak, see, distinguish colors, read, ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.