Research Associate-Fixed Term
Job descriptionJob no: 692867
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Social Science
Department: Global Chg & Earth Observations, Ctr For 10038379
Sub Area: FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific, Non-Union
This position is in support of NASA funded research that involves quantitative remote sensing, and manipulation and processing of large volume terrestrial satellite data.
Strong candidates will have experience with team work, satellite data processing, and will have published research in the peer reviewed remote sensing literature.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Degree
Doctorate -Quantitative remote sensingMinimum Requirements
The successful candidate is required to have:
- PhD in quantitative remote sensing
- At least 3 years computer programming experience
- First authored remote sensing publication(s) in the peer reviewed literature.
- Experience using polar orbiting coarse resolution (e.g., MODIS or VIIRS) and moderate resolution (e.g., Landsat or Sentinel-2) satellite data.
- Experience with commercial satellite data (e.g. Planetscope) and machine learning.
- Experience programming using a compiled language and using scripts in a Linux environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to continue to write research articles.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Full current CV
- Names, positions, and contact information for two referees
- One published journal manuscript with primary authorship by the applicant
Appointment is contingent upon successfully completing a full background check. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have questions about the position, please contact Dr. David Roy ([email protected]) and/or Dr. Geoffrey Henebry ([email protected]).Review of Applications Begins On
http://geo.msu.edu and http://globalchange.msu.eduDepartment Statement
The Department of Geography, Environment and Spatial Sciences and Center for Global Change and Earth Observations are committed to promoting diversity in research.MSU Statement
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Feb 18, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 18, 2023 Eastern Standard Time