post-doc for Blauer lab
Job location: JOHNSON HALL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
Title:306-NN - Postdoctoral Research Associate
Business Title:post-doc for Blauer lab
Location:WSU PULLMAN CAMPUS
Employee Type:Faculty (+) (Fixed Term)
Job Family:Faculty - Academic - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties: Perform both in-field and laboratory research including the design of research approaches and identifying and defining research problems in potato physiology. Collect, analyze and interpret research data for both in-field and postharvest studies. Ensure quality control, make improvement to techniques and interpretation. Assist in preparing journal publications and progress reports etc., Manage and maintain daily research operations. Conduct general laboratory maintenance and routine care of scientific instrumentation and equipment; order supplies, keep inventory records and maintain a safe working environment. Supervise and train additional support staff as appropriate to achieve the research objectives and goals of the lab.
- Positions requires the successful completion of a PhD in an appropriate related scientific discipline such as; Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to write in peer-reviewed journals and ability to facilitate grant writing.
- Ability to assist in leading and training of student staff.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to collect field-based samples as necessary for specific experiments.
- Ability to participate in, and lead when necessary, data collection requirements.
- Ability to work in a variety of conditions outdoors (e.g. hot/cold, weather, etc) and indoors (e.g. laboratories, storages, shops, greenhouses, etc).
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity in enzymatic assay development.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
Tenure Track (Faculty only): No
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99163
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check
Screening Begin Date: March 4, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) curriculum vitae and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: curriculum vitae and cover letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.