Administrative Assistant, Student Law Office - Sturm College of Law
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver Law) is a national leader in experiential legal education, a recognized innovator in legal pedagogy, and the site of multiple nationally recognized programs and centers. Consistent with the University of Denvers IMPACT 2025 strategic plan, Denver Law seeks to elevate the visibility and impact of the institutions scholarship and programs, engage strategically and collaboratively with multiple external constituencies to advance the public good, and magnify the comprehensive strengths of Denver Law and the University of Denver.
The Administrative Assistant assists the Director and Administrative Director in the day-to-day operations of the Student Law Office (SLO) Clinics.
Works under the supervision of the Administrative Director of Clinical Programs and in cooperation with the Director of Clinical Programs, and all Clinical Programs faculty, staff and students.
- Responsible for preparing all invoices and expense reimbursements for payment utilizing the Banner and Concur. Requires interaction with Purchasing, Accounting, and vendors, as needed, to complete the process.
- Responsible for inventorying and ordering SLO faculty, staff and student office supplies, including copy paper, business stationery, envelopes, etc.
- Maintains and updates the clinic forms and ensures forms are available to students and faculty.
- Trains new work-studies and coordinates work schedules on a quarterly basis and provides work tasks.
- Pulls new transactional clinics client services request forms and adds to client management system or provides referrals.
- Responsible for adding and removing faculty and students from client management systems.
- Responsible for preparing physical and electronic client files and maintaining accurate case assignments and case logs.
- Opens and closes cases/matters for each clinic.
- Runs conflict checks.
- Collects student conflict of interest information on a monthly basis.
- Assists Administrative Director with record retention and destruction duties.
- Provides technical support by troubleshooting software and hardware problems in the Student Law Office, and works with the EdTech and the IT departments to resolve technical issues.
- Updates training manuals and equipment instructions each semester including, but not limited to, Panopto, PracticeMaster; MyCase, CBI and Co-Courts, etc. and ensures the programs work in conjunction with each clinics needs; and is responsible for confirming each student has access to the appropriate programs.
- Any other duties as assigned to assist the Student Law Office.
- Bachelors degree (BA) from a four-year college or university.
- Six months to one year of experience in a legal, non-profit, public interest, community service or higher education office environment.
- Technical/computer support experience; Qualtrics, Banner, Canvas, Practice Master, MyCase, Lexis-Nexis.
- Spanish language skills.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, February 26nd, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 6.
The hourly range for the position is $19.00 - $22.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.