English Instructor - 10 month position starting July 2021
10-month assignment period
Open Date: 02/19/21
Close Date: 03/21/21
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
Hopkinsville Community College (HCC) has earned the reputation of changing lives and enhancing the future for area students since its founding in 1965. At HCC, students receive top quality instruction at the most affordable tuition rate in the region – and all at locations close to home. HCC is part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), and is one of 16 two-year colleges in the KCTCS system. Situated at the Kentucky-Tennessee border just minutes from I-24, HCC embraces the essence of rural western Kentucky with scenic vistas and friendly faces.
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. Positions with the KCTCS / Hopkinsville Community College are term-contract positions, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
• Effectively teach English courses (primarily freshman composition/ research writing, corequisite integrated reading and writing, and first year experience courses), via face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction. Campus location may vary.
• Responsible for student learning outcomes, continuous review, assessment, and development.
• Participate in academic and student enhancement activities, including student advising.
• Maintain and improve, through professional development, competence in discipline knowledge and instructional techniques.
• Participate in internal and external service activities (college committees, system committees, community relations).
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Master’s degree in English. Community College teaching experience preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality instruction, student learning, and instructional and institutional effectiveness.
• Demonstrated effective technology skills, communication skills (written and verbal), and organizational and human relations skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to the comprehensive community college concept and team management.
• Demonstrated commitment to the KCTCS/Hopkinsville Community College strategic plan.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on 03/22/21.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.