Security Officer - FT
Job Title: Security Officer
Reports To: Director of Security and Safety
Status: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk Thursday - Monday 4PM- 12AM
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general security to campus by means of vehicle patrol, foot patrol or fixed post assignment.
- Respond to alarms, calls for service and emergency situations.
- Detect, deter and investigate unusual activity.
- Provide students, employees and visitors with information and assistance.
- Observe and report violations of campus policies and applicable laws.
- Enforce college regulations including motor vehicle operation and parking regulations.
- Complete professional security incident reports in a timely fashion.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, visitors and co-workers.
- Provide first aid as needed including use of an AED and administering CPR.
- Respond to assignments as directed by dispatcher or supervisory personnel.
- Document and report unsafe conditions. Correct or mitigate, if possible, pending correction.
- Perform dispatching duties as assigned (answer incoming phone calls, monitor cameras and access control and fire reporting systems, monitor radio communications, account for department property, etc.
- Perform other security/safety functions as directed or required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED (some college or military experience preferred)
- Two years’ experience as a security guard/officer, police officer or firefighter
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license
- Must have current NYS certification.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Satisfactory ability to use computers to email, complete reports in a records management system and complete occasional online training.
- Must be able to effectively respond to emergency situations with all due haste.
- Extensive foot patrol to include stairwells, parking lots and roadways.
- Must be able to move 75 pounds and lift 40 pounds
Compensation includes a comprehensive health insurance plan, 40 3(b) retirement package and tuition remission after one year.