Human Resources Representative
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Human Resources Representative coordinates and performs high volume HR data entry and document processing. Key responsibilities include entering new-hire and transfer paperwork into the applicable system, ensuring inputted data is complete, accurate and processed within established timeframes.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Compiles and records employee information, such as personal data; compensation, job data in applicable system. Transfers data from paper formats into computer files or database systems.
2. Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
3. Computes wages and records data for use in payroll processing.
4. Verifies data by comparing it to source documents.
5. Retrieves data from the database or electronic files as requested.
6. Sorts and organizes paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
7. Follows-up and troubleshoots questions for data integrity.
8. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102