Senior Report Developer
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership- which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Senior Report Developer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining customized reports using Tableau, along with other relevant tools and data visualization techniques, to create end-user reports by correlating data from the division’s database systems with a focus on reporting for the medical units and departments. This individual also provides leadership to the report writing team.
- Collaborates with departments, units and data owners to understand their analytics requirements and addresses those requirements by building custom reports and dashboards to support business decisions.
- Develops and provides on-going support of custom reports within division’s database system environment.
- Designs, builds, and maintains reports using Tableau and other relevant technology and tools.
- Ensures reporting accuracy and stability of systems provided.
- Leads daily activities of report writing team to ensure timelines are met.
- Coaches and mentors report writers to provide learning and skill building opportunities.
- Provides end-user support and training for reporting systems.
- Performs unit and integration testing.
- Extends the capability of division reporting through statistical analysis and metrics reporting.
- Provides technical expertise in report development to include product evaluation, recommendations and implementation of internal reporting tools.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies, procedures, and safeguards University assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field with a minimum of 7 years demonstrated professional experience in Tableau, including server administration, server functions, data source creation and maintenance, reporting and dashboard authoring required.
- Expertise in designing and building complex reports utilizing Tableau and other reporting tools such as SQL, Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, or similar tools.
- Tableau professional certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of medical relational databases preferred.
- Expertise in SQL (Structured Query Language) to query databases and extract relevant data.
- Team leadership and mentoring experience.
- Good articulation, data visualization, and presentation skills to communicate results.
- Ability to correlate heterogeneous information/data into meaningful facts for reporting.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i107