Utilization Review (Non-RN) Case Manager UMHC/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami/UHealth UMHC/SCCC Utilization Review Department has an exciting opportunity for a Utilization Review Case Manager.The purpose of the Utilization Review case manager is to conduct initial, concurrent and retrospective chart reviews for clinical utilization and authorization. The Utilization review case manager coordinates with the healthcare team for optimal and efficient patient outcomes, while avoiding treatment delays and authorization denials. They are accountable for a designated patient caseload and provide intervention and coordination to decrease avoidable delays, at all times they provide communication of progress and or determination to the clinical team and or the patient.
- Adhere and perform timely prospective review for services requiring prior authorization as well as timely concurrent review for continuation of care services
- Follows the authorization process using established criteria as set forth by the payer or clinical guidelines
- Accurate review of coverage benefits and payer policy limitations to determine appropriateness of requested services
- Refers to the treatment plan for clinical reviews in accordance with established criteria and guidelines
- Facilitates communication of denials and or Peer to Peer requests between payers and the healthcare team
- Identifies potential delays in treatment or inappropriate utilization by reviewing the treatment plan, serves as a resource to provide education regarding payer policies and assists with coordination of alternative treatment options
- Ensures and Maintains effective communication regarding authorization status and determination to the clinical team and on occasion the patient.
- Proactive communication with leadership regarding barriers and or potential delays in care Identifies opportunities for expedited requests and prioritizes caseload accordingly
- Maintains knowledge regarding payer reimbursement policies and clinical guidelines.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105