Sports Nutrition Fellow (Temporary)
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-17
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sports Nutrition Fellow is a temporary position (minimum of one year appointment) with the Athletics department.
- Actively participate as a member of the University of Miami Sports Nutrition staff
- Sport oversight for at least 3 teams – Olympic (will be assigned depending on applicants selected) including menu planning, team talks, body composition testing, practice attendance, supplement education etc.
- Manage inventory: includes receiving, storing, and distribution to the main all-athlete Nutrition Center and individual team satellite fueling stations
- Assist with staffing all-athlete Nutrition Center, manage student-volunteers, monitor student usage, restock items when necessary, and maintain cleanliness of equipment
- Assist sports dietitians in the development of educational handouts, flyers, monthly newsletter, social media etc.
- Conduct and assist with cooking classes, grocery store tours, and sports nutrition events
- Examine and translate scientific research related to nutrition, athletic performance and dietary supplements
- Assist dietitians with administrative duties as assigned including interviewing volunteers, budgeting
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the sports dietitian
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition (or health related field)
- Registered dietitian preferred (or RD eligible)
- 40 hour work week minimum (possible weekend/holiday/unconventional mornings or evenings)
- Position involves transports up to 25 pounds
- Proficient in translating the science of nutrition to student-athletes
- Abreast on current research in the field of sports nutrition
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Canva etc. for educational materials
- Ability to work both independently and amongst the performance team (athletic trainers, physical therapists, team physicians, strength and conditioning staff, sports psychologist)
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations"
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:52