Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolSalary Range $12.29 HourlyTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category General LaborDescription
Purpose: To perform the cleaning, minor repair and refuse collection tasks necessary to keep the College buildings and facilities clean, orderly and in good condition.
- Vacuums, sweeps, dry- and wet-mops, dusts, waxes, polishes and scrubs hallways, lobbies, stairways, offices, classrooms, restrooms and other spaces, fixtures and furnishings as assigned.
- Washes and polishes windows, glass partitions, mirrors and other glass surfaces of buildings’ interior or exterior, using cleaning agent, sponge and squeegee.
- Picks up refuse from walkways and around exterior of buildings.
- Straightens desks and other furnishings to return rooms to working order.
- Launders and replaces linens in guest house.
- Replenishes paper and soap supplies in restrooms.
- Empties trash containers and replaces plastic liners.
- Inventories stocks to ensure adequate supplies, and notifies Head Custodian of reordering needs.
- Ensures that equipment is well-maintained and working properly.
- During the summer months, assists with preparing rooms fully for the next school year.
- Notifies management of need for major repairs.
- Performs other maintenance, groundskeeping and custodial tasks as assigned.
Performs such other college-related duties as may be required by the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.Qualifications
- Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform considerable physical effort, including lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds several times a day
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and to work in overhead structures as well as around and beneath machinery
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment as needed and to practice safety precautions appropriately
- Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate College truck
- Satisfactory work record and attendance
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to serve others.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language and must be able to operate a computer.
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the College has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the College’s Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here: www.flagler.edu/title-ix .