Human Resources Assistant
Bard CollegeHuman Resources AssistantEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/77735
Bard College seeks a full-time Human Resources Assistant for a busy HR office. Duties include but are not limited to: answering phones, greeting walk-ins, answering general HR questions, maintaining employee files, assisting with new hires, and providing general office support for the HR department with a focus on support for the Director.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Director of Human Resources. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY with 1900 undergraduate students; the campus also features multiple graduate programs. The 1000 acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, the Hessel Museum of Art, as well as the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college degree granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as five international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focussed on rethinking who can and should be included in this kind of education.
- Monitor main email account and answer phone calls in a professional manner
- Greet all visitors and direct them to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain and update employee files and update on-line directory
- Track signed appointment letters and manage new hire paperwork, including E-verify, NY New Hire and I9’s, Welcome Letters, Direct Deposits and Emergency Contacts
- Track completion of online trainings
- Act as gatekeeper for office, able to use independent discretion to answer questions and refer matters to appropriate staff person when necessary
- Maintain record retention/destruction traction log and transition list
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years experience in an HR office setting
- Proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office; ability to learn new platforms and software
- Ability to deal and use discretion with confidential matters
- Strong computer, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and remain focused through interruptions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are essential
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and a list of three references via Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/77735