Language and Thinking Faculty (Summer, 2021)
Bard CollegeLanguage and Thinking Faculty (Summer, 2021)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/83620
The Bard College Language and Thinking Program is an intensive introduction to the liberal arts and sciences with a particular focus on writing. The program is attended by all incoming Bard students during the last three weeks of August. Successful candidates for faculty positions come from many fields, including the humanities, the social and natural sciences, and the arts.
Applicants should have a strong interest in general education at the undergraduate level, a commitment to writing as one of the cornerstones of the liberal arts, and an active interest in interdisciplinary research and collaboration. Demonstrated success as a teacher is essential. New faculty responsibilities in 2021 include participation in two weekend meetings (4-6 June and 6-8 August), a one-week training session (5-9 July), and intensive full-time teaching during the program (9-26 August). Terminal degree (MFA or PhD.) is preferred.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis beginning on Monday, March 22. We will give preference to applications received by Monday, March 15. Please apply via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/83620
Complete applications will include all of the following:
- letter of interest which gives a sense of your teaching philosophy, teaching practices, and your approach to diversity and inclusion.
- current CV
- list of three references with phone numbers
- three letters of recommendation (from references), should be submitted directly to Interfolio by your references. See link here https://dossier.interfolio.com/letters for information for Letter Writers
- complete sets of student evaluations from two courses you have taught recently
- writing sample (prose sample, preferably an essay, no page or content requirement)
4-6 June, Inaugural Faculty Meeting (Online)
5-9 July, New Faculty Training Week (Online)
6-26 August, Language and Thinking Program (In-Person)
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants from groups historically underrepresented in United States higher education.