Program Coordinator, OSUN Global Debate Network
Open Society University Network (OSUN)Program Coordinator, OSUN Global Debate NetworkEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/78859
Bard College invites applications for the position of Program Coordinator for the OSUN Global Debate Network who will assist the Director of the OSUN Global Debate Network in developing, organizing, and supporting network debate activities. The coordinator will also work closely with the Bard Debate Union, assisting with debate programming at Bard. This is a full time, exempt, 12 month per year position. Start date: July 1, 2021.
The Open Society University Network (OSUN) is a new global network anchored by Bard College and the Central European University that integrates learning and the advancement of knowledge across geographic and demographic boundaries, promotes civic engagement on behalf of open societies, and expands access of underserved communities to higher education. The OSUN Global Debate Network, led by Bard College and building upon the work of the Bard Debate Union and Bard International Debate Network, brings together university debate programs from participating OSUN institutions all over the world. The goal of the network is to support the development and growth of individual debate programs while creating meaningful pathways of exchange and collaboration between and among them. With a focus on public debates, debate outreach work, and curricular debate initiatives, the OSUN Global Debate Network aims to re-conceptualize the role and function of a university debate program – to position debate not just as an extracurricular activity but as a centerpiece of higher education.
The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY with 1900 undergraduate students; the campus also features multiple graduate programs. The 1000 acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, the Hessel Museum of Art, as well as the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college degree granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as five international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in this kind of education.
- Assist in the planning and execution of network-wide events (virtual debates, meet-ups, conferences, tournaments)
- Assist in the planning and execution of information and training sessions for new programs (lectures, workshops, practices)
- Assist with Bard Debate Union programming (meetings, practice debates, tournaments, public debates, outreach)
- Assist with the production and distribution of educational materials (handouts, handbooks, etc.) and promotional materials (posters, flyers, one-pagers, etc.)
- Assist with the production and maintenance of web and social media content and spaces
- Collect and organize regular reports and updates from network programs on program activities and events
- Draft reports on network activities in coordination with the Director
- When travel resumes, draft visa and travel support letters and make travel arrangements for program faculty, staff, and students
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience teaching/coaching competitive debate
- Strong communication, writing, editing, and research skills
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Master's degree
- Experience with web/social media design and management
- Experience working in international education
- A valid driver’s license and comfort driving 12-passenger vans
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed
- Creativity and initiative to help craft a new and exciting program
- Readiness to lead and work collaboratively with others in a variety of contexts and environments
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at http://apply.interfolio.com/78859
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.