Administrative Assistant I-Facilities
Job no: 507350
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions, Administrative & Office Support, UPST
SUPERVISION RECEIVED (Name and title of person from whom incumbent receives direction
Receives direct supervision from the Director of Facilities. Receives functional supervision from the Senior Administrative Assistant.
DIRECT REPORTING STAFF-N/A THEIR STAFF- N/A
6. DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain attendance records for all trades, custodial, grounds, power plant and student employees through HR Direct and other interdepartmental systems; forward employment authorization and payroll forms as assigned.
- Maintain calendar of scheduled time off, post daily.
- Maintain daily activities log.
- Dispatch appropriate staff to all emergency and non-emergency issues.
- Process, create, and assign work requests to appropriate staff for all on and off-campus academic and residential buildings. Work requests are received via the work benches in the work order system, e-mails, phone calls, radio and walk-ins. Coordinate electronic work order e-mails and file electronically. Upon completion close work requests.
- Assign/attach student billing to student damage work orders; run monthly report and forward to appropriate residential staff.
- Run & disseminate reports from work order system.
- Coordinate and process requests for traveling, which include authorization & reimbursement.
- Act as a liaison and point of contact for various external contacts and vendors, including local, state and federal agencies as well as utilities companies, building contractors, etc.
- Maintain department personnel seniority list.
- Works in concert with the University Locksmith to initiate lock repairs, cutting and issuing of keys and maintaining an accurate record of keys issued and returned. In addition to tracking keys loaned to vendors
- Tracking performance evaluations and ensure timely return to appropriate department.
- Greet & screen visitors, answer telephone calls and emails providing routine departmental information; take messages; route to proper staff.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, faxes, packages, etc. to appropriate staff; process outbound mail, including mass mailings.
- Ensure all departmental files are organized, complete, up-to-date, secured and available upon request.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as necessary.
- Reconcile ProCard statements
- Process reimbursements to staff for Professional Licensure
- Create requisitions; apply corresponding account code and speed type; submit backup/justification to Purchasing as needed; enter into BuyWays, track requisition status until purchase order is created. Notify requestor once purchase order has been sent to vendor.
- Receive purchase orders for materials or services. Check calculations obtain appropriate required approvals forward all invoices of completed orders and process payments to Accounts Payable. Maintain accurate & complete records of all pending & completed purchase orders according to established procedures.
- Provides clerical support to all departmental staff, which is inclusive of but not limited to typing correspondence, creating Excel spreadsheets, inputting data into PowerPoint and creating graphs which track usage.
- Reconcile departmental gas & diesel reports
- Perform other related duties as required
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office management, office administration, business administration or business management, the major duties of which included one or more of the following functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting, records management, work simplification, grants management, contract administration or program management, (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
I. An Associate's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience. *
II. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience. *
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience. Massachusetts State Specifications
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE (List knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management.
- Knowledge of the methods of general report writing.
- Knowledge of the methods used in the preparation of charts, graphs and tables.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of general office equipment.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, to draw conclusions and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to gather information through questioning individuals and by examining records and documents.
- Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly and to develop ideas in logical sequence.
- Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to determine proper format and procedure for assembling items of information.
- Ability to prepare general reports.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to prepare and use charts, graphs, and tables.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
- Ability to give written and oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner.
- Ability to deal tactfully with others.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships with persons from varied ethnic, cultural and/or economic backgrounds.
- Ability to supervise, including planning and assigning work according to the nature of the job to be accomplished, the capabilities of subordinates and available resources; controlling work through periodic reviews and /or evaluations; determining subordinates' training needs and providing or arranging for such training; motivating subordinates to work effectively; determining the need for disciplinary action and either recommending or initiating disciplinary action.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
No. of Positions-1
(Note: Salary shown is subject to decrease per the terms of the Memorandum of Agreement signed between the union and University administration on 9/24/2020. This decrease will be in effect for the period of 9/27/2020 - 7/2/2021, after which time the salary will be adjusted back to this full rate.)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS ACQUIRED ON JOB (List knowledge, skills, abilities)
*Knowledge of the laws, rules, policies, and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
*Knowledge of the types and uses of agency forms.
*Knowledge of the proper telephone procedures for making and receiving agency calls.
*Knowledge of the types and applications of standard office filing systems.
*Knowledge of clerical office practices and procedures including office record keeping,
office correspondence control, the types and uses of office equipment and supplies and business letter preparation.
*Knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance and other University software systems.
*Skill in operating general office machines and equipment such as photocopiers, mimeographs,
other copying machines, file retrieval equipment, central console telephone systems, postage
meters, microfilm or microfiche viewers or processors, calculators, adding machines, public address systems, paging devices, 2-way radios, binders, hand collators, perforators, folders, electric staplers, shredders, or similar equipment.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is March 1, 2021.
The deadline for EXTERNAL applicants is March 5, 2021.
Advertised: 17 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time