Assistant Director of Financial Aid Customer Service
Job Title: Assistant Director of Financial Aid Customer Service
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224232
Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director for Customer Service sets the standard for excellent customer service. This position is responsible for the supervision of the Financial Aid Advocates and student workers. This position is responsible for the coordination of state programs and institutional scholarships.Responsibilities
- Supervises Financial Aid Advocates.
- With input from the Director and Associate Director, sets customer service expectations and standards for all staff.
- Coordinates schedules to ensure optimum coverage for students visiting the office as well as responding to phone and emails.
- Evaluates staff performance and makes recommendations to Associate Director for training and development opportunities.
- Works with the Advocates to develop their individual goals and then coordinates with the Financial Aid Leadership Team to collaborate on any shared goals.
- Assists students and parents in navigating the financial aid process.
- Troubleshoots difficult cases referred by Advocates, the Call Center, the One Stop Shop and other campus partners.
- Assists the Advocates in the development and planning of outreach programs for the campus as well as the community.
- Coordinates with the Default Manager and the Associate Director to provide various financial aid series and evaluates programs that have been delivered.
- Serves as one of the liaisons to the Admissions Office and Grizzly Orientation offices to coordinate additional programming for incoming students.
- Updates and circulates any presentations offered through Orientation, Admissions, or GGC 1000 classes.
- Coordinates with the Assistant Director of processing to implement, update and configure technology used by the office in customer service.
- Reviews all publications, forms and presentations for accuracy, compliance and customer friendly verbiage.
- Provides needed updates for forms and systems to the Assistant Director of Processing.
- Serves as a member of the office leadership team by working collaboratively to improve services to students.
- Makes recommendations for changes to processes based on knowledge student impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in student aid, higher education administration or in a related field that requires the interpretation and application of public regulations and policies
- Graduate Degree
- Financial aid experience in a higher education environment, with knowledge of rules and regulations as they pertain to Federal Title IV funding
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]Background Check
- Standard + Education