Academic Records Analyst
Academic Records AnalystPosition Type:
100%Job Description Summary:
Evaluate, maintain and process official transactions pertaining to student academic records at the University of La Verne; ensure protection of student academic records in compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Evaluate official transcripts to verify accreditation status and transferability of coursework. Utilize online or hard copy catalogs, assist.org, CID-net.org and other CSU/IGETC materials, and ACE accreditation guides to research accreditation and applicability of transfer work toward La Verne requirements, and use the Banner Articulation module to perform
articulation of transfer work. Work in coordination with the La Verne Transfer
Center, Faculty, and Professional Advisors, and with the Articulations stat at
transfer institutions to research coursework not previously evaluated.
- Ensure integrity of all data contained in each student’s Banner record, including accuracy of transfer credit records, as well as curriculum, student information, and
registration records. Work with Undergraduate Admissions and Regional and Online Campus Administration to verify data contained in the Banner student
record; make corrections and updates to Banner as needed to reflect accurate
- Utilize Banner to prepare Registrar Degree Audits for newly admitted students, or revised reports upon request. Notify advisor and/or student when new or revised degree audit reports are available for viewing via
Banner or MyLaVerne.
- Use DegreeWorks degree audit to ensure transfer credit appears correctly into degree audit.
- As needed, update Banner Articulation
module to reflect newly evaluated coursework, or changes to previous
Add Work, Appeals, and major Substitutions
- Evaluate official transcripts to verify accreditation status and transferability of coursework. Utilize Banner
Articulation module, online or hard copy catalogs, and ACE accreditation guides
to research accreditation and applicability of transfer work toward La Verne
degree requirements. Work in coordination with the La Verne Transfer Center,
Faculty and Professional Advisors, and with the Articulations stat at transfer
institutions to research coursework not previously evaluated.
- Utilize Banner to make adjustments to individual student DPE report requirements, major or minor contracts, and GE or transfer credit appeals. Verify that changes have been accurately processed by running and auditing new DPE reports; notify advisor
and/or student when revised DPE reports are available for viewing via Banner or MyLaVerne.
Degree Completion Support
- Support Degree Completion Coordinator as needed to process applications for graduations review applications for graduation and enter into Banner; verify curriculum data reflected on the student record; adjust student DPE report to reflect major or minor contracts, major substitution forms, and GE approvals as reflected in the student file; work with student Advisor to
verify remaining degree requirements; prepare Registrar audited DPE reports.
- Support Degree Completion Coordinator as needed in the degree posting processes prepare student file for degree posting by verifying completion of degree requirements, degree date, honors eligibility and degree
GPA; post degree in Banner and process “one-up” term to reflect revised student
status; prepare final transcripts and letter for student and advisor.
- Respond to inquiries and communicate with student and advisor regarding degree posting status.
- Support Degree Completion Coordinator as needed to process and mail diplomas assist in the compilation and submission of
diploma order; proof diplomas upon receipt; enter diploma order and mailing
date in Banner; check Banner for holds on student records; prepare diplomas for
- Respond to student and Advisor inquiries related to diploma orders and diploma corrections.
- Support Degree Completion Coordinator as needed to prepare for twice yearly commencement ceremonies coordinate communication among the Registrar’s Office, Advisors, and students regarding commencement and graduation status; create and maintain lists of students cleared or in progress to be cleared for Commencement; verify school and departmental honors eligibility and enter into Banner.
- Proofread Commencement lists to
verify accurate student name, degree, and honors information.
- Enter commencement attendance information into Banner.
- Perform various duties as needed at Graduation Fairs, Commencement Ceremonies, and other Commencement related events.
Advising and Administrative Contacts
- Advise students regarding their student records, transfer credit, general education requirements, degree completion, Commencement information, appeals procedures, and other University and Registrar policies; communicate with Faculty and Stat Advisors regarding these topics and items of student concern.
- Counsel La Verne community, including Faculty and Stat Advisors, on University and Registrar’s Office policies and procedures related to general education, transfer credit practices, graduation requirements, student
educational plans (SEP), commencement, and other general inquiries.
- Use Banner to maintain and update student academic history, including the verification and processing of grade changes, academic
appeals, course challenges and certifications, and the entry of hard copy transcripts into the online system.
- Inventory and log incoming admission
packets, transcripts, and applications for graduation into Access database logs;
create Registrar folders for new or returning students; work with Undergraduate Admissions and Regional and Online Campus Administration to ensure all files
have been properly received, inventoried and stored.
- Prepare hard copy documents for permanent storage, scanning, destruction, or return to admissions locations.
- Perform clerical tasks including, but not limited to, word processing, photocopying, fling, faxing and general office duties.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Registrar, Associate Registrar, and Assistant Registrar of Evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year directly related transfer and evaluations work experience.
- Experience with large databases, managing multiple priorities and strict attention to detail.
- Strong computer and internet skills and, competent use of Microsoft Office products.
- This position requires a comprehensive understanding of University policies and procedures, strong technical skills, effective interpersonal and communications skills (in particular written communication, and a constant, careful attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will also have
demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Specific technical requirements
include a working knowledge of Banner 9/XE, and general navigation; knowledge of
DegreeWorks, and Student Educational Plan (SEP); knowledge of Slate; knowledge of TES, knowledge of networked database systems is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will also have
demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190706SAOpen Until Filled: