Test Center Assistant
Job location: Miller Library
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
Job DescriptionDepartment:Dean of Studies - JMPay Rate Type:HourlyEmployee Type:Job Summary:Dean of the College
Part-time, Non-Exempt, Hourly, Staff Appointment
The Colby Test Center located on the third floor of Miller Library provides proctoring of exams for students who use testing accommodations or require a faculty approved make-up exam. The test center assistant, under the supervision of the associate director of student access and disability services, will schedule, facilitate, and proctor exams, as well as maintain detailed records pertaining to the proctoring needs of the College. We are looking for someone who is able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends in response to the needs of the center. Hours may vary from 8 to 15 per week depending on need.
We encourage inquiries from candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our College, including its cultural and ethnic diversity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and confirm exams with faculty and students
- Maintain integrity of exams through adherence to testing center policies and processes
- Ensure efficient conduct of the exam
- Return completed exams per faculty requests
- Maintain detailed records of testing dates, times, students, and other data points as needed.
- Proctor exams
- Collaborate to solve problems as needed
- Perform additional duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- A high school diploma or equivalent required; professional coursework or post-secondary education are a plus
- One to three years of previous administrative or customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with a high level of motivation and initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical
- Ability to handle confidential information tactfully
- Must be able to work independently, exercise judgment, and manage projects with minimal supervision as well as to adjust as new projects are assigned
- Highly developed computer skills including extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite, email and web applications, Google applications, as well as an interest in and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to make an impact through work as a member of a team and diverse community
This position will work directly with the associate director of student access and disability services but will interact frequently with both faculty and students.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
General open office and campus environment. Position involves sitting, although frequent movement is necessary. Occasional lifting is required. Computer usage involving repetitive hand/wrist motion is also necessary.
Interested candidates should apply electronically by clicking the "Apply" button on the Colby Careers website. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the contact information of three professional references. Materials should be addressed to:
Test Center Assistant - Search Committee
Office of Human Resources
5500 Mayflower Hill
Waterville, ME 04901-8855