Data AnalystRequisition IDreq772DepartmentLinksCampusSEC-Southeast CampusEmployment TypeAcademic Prof - Full TimeBest Consideration Date3/11/2021Position Summary
The Links Data Analyst is focused on supporting the data needs of multiple Links Department Programs. Links Programs (Gateway to College, YES to College, Future Connect, and PDX Bridge) are all funded through contracts and grants and require close data monitoring, reporting and connecting with staff. The Data Analyst reports to the Director of Links, but has regular engagement with Links Program Managers and staff, as well as, other PCC departments.
The Data Analyst performs a wide range of data management responsibilities related to student enrollment, demographics, academic performance, persistence, and completion. The Data Analyst provides leadership for data needs for the department, manages projects, and supports and trains staff. The analyst works with data from a variety of sources, manages and analyzes data, and uses applications software to create detailed reports and other research documents. The Data Analyst interacts with a diverse set of individuals including administrators, staff, and representatives from external organizations.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/academic-pro-jobs/DataAnalyst/ Candidate ProfileThese qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Experience working closely with stakeholders and operations team to understand project goals and execute reporting and queries to meet project timelines
- Experience extracting raw data from multiple sources for doing analysis
- Demonstrated experience using data to tell stories about the mission/vision of an organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management specific to compliance based or marketing based reporting
- Experience building interactive dashboards as a means for stakeholders to interact with data
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or other research-oriented discipline (experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis)
- Three years of professional experience as a data analyst or similar position
- Experience working in an educational setting
- Knowledge and experience working with SQL and Tableau
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
*Please note: Temporary Academic Professional employees are not eligible for Personal Leave Days, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, or AD&D Insurance.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 13.33 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of services)
- 1 day of sick leave per month
- 11 holidays
- 3 additional personal leave days per year
Work is performed in an office environment.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal.Background Check RequiredYesPortland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA