Associate Dean, Clinical and Translational Research (Part Time)
Medicine AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The position of the Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research is to provide leadership to patient-oriented research and to coordinate the translation of technologies from bench to bedside at the University of Arizona College of Medicine—Tucson. The Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research will provide important scientific input, medical direction and oversight to clinical and translational research within the College by coordinating with investigators and clinical trials units, promoting clinical research within the College and providing opportunities for new investigators to participate in and lead clinical trials and related research. Reporting to the Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, the Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research will also develop didactic and instructional opportunities for faculty to learn and engage in clinical trials research, translational programs and medical science.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Increase the clinical research portfolio,both NIH type sponsored research, cooperative group, investigator initiated orindustry sponsored clinical trials.
- Expand clinicalresearch and study subject accrual into clinical trials across the College.
- Develop COM-T programs in the translational and clinicalsciences that translate discoveries toward clinical implementation.
- Interface with UArizona entities that focus ontechnology translation.
- Develop clinical and translational research trainingprograms and opportunities for junior investigators to increase engagementamong trainees and junior faculty.
- Interface with Banner clinical research and align strategic priorities forclinical and translational research growth.
- Interface with UAHS clinicalresearch infrastructure and other UAHS entities.
- Faculty appointment inCollege of Medicine – Tucson
- MD degree and license to practice medicine inArizona
- Three years of clinical researchexperience
•At least 3-5 years of ongoing experience opening, accruing and closing clinical trials •Experience overseeing and supervising clinical research and principal investigators of clinical trials•Established expertise working with diverse communities•Experience building and overseeing clinical research programs, including clinical trials•Advanced training/degree in biomedical research •Excellent communication skillsRank :
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
.20 of current base faculty salaryCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Jerie Schulz | [email protected]Open Date:
2/17/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.