Sponsored Projects Coordinator
Spon Projs & Contrg SvcsDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services at the University of Arizona has an excellent career opportunity for a motivated individual in the field of grant and contract administration. As a Sponsored Projects Coordinator assigned to Postaward Services, you will be part of a team responsible for the financial stewardship of externally awarded grants and contracts. Position responsibilities include the preparation of invoices and financial reports, completion of account reconciliations, aged accounts receivable, cash management, and account closeout.
The successful candidate will exemplify our team values of integrity, collaboration and reliability. The individual will be part of a team that actively takes objective and innovative approaches in seeking appropriate outcomes in grant and contract management, while being mindful of compliance requirements. The individual will work collectively with faculty, staff and external representatives to build dynamic relationships in order to deliver accurate and consistent services in a timely and dependable manner. The individual will also possess analytical skills that can be coupled with a technical aptitude for using technology systems to manage, evaluate and transfer information.
Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services (SPCS), a unit of Research, Innovation & Impact (RII), assists the University of Arizona research community in its efforts to secure external funding by providing high quality administrative, contracting and financial services to ensure proper stewardship of those funds and to minimize the risk to university resources. Our mission is to support and enhance the University’s reputation while working to achieve strategic goals with broad services in the following areas: Proposal Development and Submission, Contracting, Postaward Management and Administrative Guidance.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
TheUniversity of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit talent.arizona.edu
- Prepare invoices, financial reports, and other administrative reports using University systems and other resources.
- Provide cash management and aged account receivable services.
- Closeout awards in the financial and research systems according to sponsor and University requirements.
- Advise University faculty and staff on grant and contract administration issues, such as billing and reporting status and interpretation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Foster an atmosphere of compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, University policies and sponsor policies.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Capacity to learn and work independently, including in a telework environment from home.
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Organization and time management skills
- Proficiency with computer systems; particularly Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Adobe PDF. Ability to learn new systems and adapt to changes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience preparing reconciliations and analyzing transactions and data
- Experience with UA or other university financial, research and database reporting systems
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Grant & Contract AdminJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/17/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.