Senior Research Specialist (Pharmacology and Toxicology) (Part Time)
Pharmacology and ToxicologyDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1703 E. Mabel, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
The successful candidate will have a background in bioanalytical, analytical, and pharmaceutical sciences and experience in drug discovery and development, and will be working in a translational environment in a team that has a track record of bringing drugs from conception to successful completion of clinical trials. Ability to design, construct and execute rigorous, analytical and bioanalytical methodologies and work closely with medicinal chemists. The position will initially be focused on targets associated with Alzheimer's disease and diabetes, but is in a disease-agnostic environment.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, validation, and execution of quantitative analytical and bioanalytical methods using hplc in combination with LC-MS/MS ms, ms2, and MRM methods for analyte characterization and quantification from varied matrices, including biological matrices.
- Support of analytical separations and characterization in synthetic medicinal chemistry.
- Use of modern analytical methods, including UV/Vis and light scattering in combination with liquid chromatography for quantitative analysis of small molecule stability and physicochemical purposes.
- Management of instrument SPOs and junior trainee mentoring in use of modern analytical and bioanalytical instrumentation.
- Report and manuscript writing; recording and submission of lab protocols for institutional approval; instrument maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
*Master's degree - Biological, biomedical, pharmaceutical, chemical, *MSc or PhD, *Experience in analytical and bioanalytical methods in a drug discovery environment is prioritized. *Doctoral degree - Biological, biomedical, pharmaceutical, chemicalFLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
8 - 19.60Job FTE:
.20 - .49Work Calendar:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
$50,000 - $70,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Researchers & ScientistsJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Greg Thatcher | [email protected]Open Date:
2/18/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.