UITS AdminDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Planning Analyst will report directly to the Chief Information Officer and will assist in the development of an integrated planning office for the University of Arizona. The Planning Analyst will be instrumental in providing expertise and guidance to University Senior Leadership to further institutional strategic goals. Strategic direction and planning priorities will be set by University President, the Secretary of the University, and the University’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The scope of the office will be focused on institutional planning surrounding projections years into the future. The analyst concentration will be on options and solutions for tuition pricing and elasticities, strategic workload needs, strategic organizational design, strategic operational and service delivery. Planning activities are those that span multiple organizational units within the University and are to be conducted with engagement from faculty, college leadership, and administrative leadership.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in the development and revision of the University of Arizona’s 2030 goals for the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR).
- Develop pro forma business plans for high level strategic alternatives for the University of Arizona.
- Incorporate the use of sensitivity analysis to support what-if decision making and planning. Planning needs include corporate net present value, risk and probability, personnel, revenue expenditure and capital.
- Prepare, collect, and interpret financial information, and develops budgets, forecasts and statutory returns.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations for financial plans, including annual resource allocation, forecasting, and short and long-term financial planning.
- Provide option analysis and challenge to support decision making.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis for institutional decision-making purposes.
- Assist with operational research and analysis for institutional objectives and strategic plans.
- Provide information and guidance for long-range strategic planning and decision-making for the University.Analyzes the institution's financial, regulatory, and competitive environment, and conducts special studies and assessments.
- Assist with operational research and analysis for organizational objectives and strategic plans.
- Obtain, organize, and analyze internal and external financial operating data and prepare reports based on various audience needs.
- Provide financial planning input and guidance into the development of medium- and long-term goals and plans of an assigned unit.
- Project and investment analysis: perform cost-benefit analysis on multi-year projects. Assist in advising University Senior Leadership with respect to interpreting cost and spending data; recommends alternative solutions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Experience with enterprise systems.
- OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, or related field.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Planning and AnalysisBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/17/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.